This Australian family trust advertised on Movemeon for a 10-day Freelance Due Diligence project, for market, customer and competitor analysis with a USA focus.This role was viewed by 314 Movemeon members. The successful candidate is a Bain & Company and Google alum.
This company was supported by Pete, General Manager Asia-Pacific.
Start date: ASAP
Length: Up to 10 days work to be completed by COB Monday 10th August
Location: Preferably consultant based in USA but flexible for an ideal candidate
The Project Sponsor (a family trust in Australia) is assessing whether to sell or retain a stake in a medical products company specialising in lung diagnostics which is entering the US market. The company recently received FDA approval and will now begin commercialising its product. Trials of the technology have been successful in a number of top tier American hospitals. The company is pre-revenue and is about to launch its sales and marketing activity in the US.
The Project Sponsor is looking for a freelance consultant to conduct some market, customer and competitor analysis that will assist the organisation make its sell/retain decision.
This consultant will:
- Identify targets for interviews based on information from customer and your own understanding of the industry
- Conduct short fact-finding interviews by phone with a cross-section of stakeholders and relevant parties, including:
- Hospitals that have been involved with trials
- Other top tier and medium sized hospitals who are potential customers
- Ex-employees of the company
- Experts in the lung diagnostics field
- Confirm the market size for lung diagnostics that this product is addressing
- Analyse competitors and the potential market opportunity for the company – i.e. is the market locked up?
- Identify and interview US based highly credible lung diagnostic experts
- Deliver a super concise wrap-up report (~20-30 slides)
Core objectives of project:
- Understand strength of the value proposition of this product, versus alternatives (does it materially improve patient outcomes?)
- Understand likely purchase decision factors of hospitals (most critically the buying cycle (time) for first purchase by hospitals, and then the speed of penetration (spread) within hospitals)
- Verify the size of the market opportunity in the USA (versus claims from company), including the revenue opportunity within the hospitals the business already has relationships with (list will be provided)
- Identify potential risks/barriers
- Must have significant experience with this sort of mostly phone based market analysis / DD work
- The ability to quickly build rapport with interviewees by phone
- Ideally would have some understanding of the US hospital and health system, hospital procurement in particular
- Consultant could be based anywhere internationally, but would need to be able to check in with the Project Sponsor who is based in Sydney, and conduct interviews and analysis in USA timezones
Related Case Studies
Freelance Senior Associate at Inchcape
Candidate: Kearney alumna | Associate | Strategy
Senior Manager - Group Strategy at Westpac
Candidate: Roland Berger alum | Manager | Strategy
Head of Customer Loyalty at Woolworths NZ
Candidate: 8+ years Director-level experience | Senior Manager / Director & above | Strategy