Inchcape advertised on Movemeon for a Freelance Senior Associate, to prepare a global rollout plan and modules for internal demand planning/S&OP transformation.This role was viewed by 543 Movemeon members. The successful candidate is a Kearney alumna.
This company was supported by Pete, General Manager Asia-Pacific.
- Start 22nd June 2020 (or thereabouts)
- 4/5 days per week for 5-8 weeks
- Due to lockdown in Singapore the consultant would work remotely from a timezone that has reasonable overlap with Singapore – roughly UK in the west through to NZ in the east (Americas too difficult to make timezones work).
Inchcape has over the last 2-3 years transformed the way they do demand planning in Asia-Pacific. The Director of Strategy in APAC is looking for support from a top-tier calibre consultant who can help consolidate and “productise” the learnings and successful approach in APAC, in preparation for roll out to other regions (Europe, Americas, Africa).
This approach includes various strands such as forecasting, negotiating with manufacturers, implications for teams and reporting lines, processes and governance frameworks.
Working closely with the Director of Strategy (as the global product owner for this initiative), the consultant will help package up the learnings and approach into modules / materials that can easily and simply be picked up by implementation leads in each of the regions.
The Director of Strategy is based in Inchcape’s APAC HQ in Singapore.
The ideal candidate
- Consulting skill-set and toolkit developed through working at a top-tier consultancy
- Ideally, real world exposure/understanding of business operations and implementing change
- Able to start around 22nd June 2020 and work 4-5 days per week for 5-8 weeks
- Based in APAC or Europe to make timezones manageable with the team in Singapore
Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to manage the end-to-end distribution logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover, VW Group (VW, Audi and Porsche), Toyota/Lexus and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have 14,400 employees in 27 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end sale in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing, customer experience and retail.
Related Case Studies
Freelance Due Diligence Project (10 days)
Candidate: Bain & Copmany and Google alum | Manager | Strategy
Senior Manager - Group Strategy at Westpac
Candidate: Roland Berger alum | Manager | Strategy
Head of Customer Loyalty at Woolworths NZ
Candidate: 8+ years Director-level experience | Senior Manager / Director & above | Strategy