Quantium advertised on Movemeon for a Senior Consultant, Commercial, to work with ex top-tier colleagues and drive domestic and international growth.This role was viewed by 221 Movemeon members. The successful candidate is a Bain & Company alumna.
This company was supported by Pete, General Manager Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 2002, Quantium combines the best of human and artificial intelligence to power possibilities for individuals, organisations and society. Our solutions make sense of what has happened and what will, could or should be done to re-shape industries and societies around the needs of the people they serve.
As one of the world’s fully diversified data science and AI leaders we operate across every sector of the economy and we’re growing fast – with growth comes opportunity! We’re passionate about building out our team of smart, fun, diverse and motivated people.
We combine a team of experts that spans data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, business analysts, strategy consultants, engineers, technologists, programmers, product developers, and futurists – all dedicated to harnessing the power of data to drive transformational outcomes for our clients.
We actively foster a culture where our people can stretch themselves to reach their full potential.
We also know that work has to work for you, and modern life is fast-paced and balance can be tricky. You want to work where you are respected and valued as an individual, not a number. Quantium embraces a flexible and supportive environment dedicated to powering possibilities for our team members, clients and partners.
Drawing on your strategic thinking, analytical problem-solving skills, stakeholder management and communication skills, you will support the development and implementation of key strategic and commercial initiatives for the Quantium group (across both product and consulting). You will play a key role in helping achieve the ambitious domestic and international growth of our business.
This important role will support strategic decisions on new partnerships, financing, and M&A – you will be required to leverage your entrepreneurial mindset. Quantium is not bureaucratic and this role allows you to truly have a say, with awesome exposure to diverse projects and industries.
The role works alongside several ex-management consultants both within the strategy team, as well as many who work in the consulting teams across the business, so you will continue to partner with and learn from high calibre, intelligent people who push the status quo
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Focussed on growth (not cost cutting!) you will play a key role in developing and facilitating execution of strategic and commercial initiatives across all areas of the business – group wide, industry verticals, product and technology
- Under the direction of your leaders, assist with the identification, prioritisation and execution on a range of internal and external opportunities such as new partnerships, financing, and M&A
- Be a conduit between the commercial team and the business, ensuring collaboration and alignment with key internal stakeholders across all levels of the business to achieve business outcomes
- Conduct the necessary analysis and prepare high quality presentations and group wide messaging materials for both the business and (where required) the Board
Experience and education required
- 2-4yrs strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy experience with strong commercial acumen and client-side experience
- Diverse industry exposure
- Curious and self-motivated, with a passion for challenging the status quo and driving positive change
- Structured and high impact written communicator. Collaborative and engaging style with ability to influence a variety of stakeholders from executives to the frontline
- Strong change management skills covering cross-BU stakeholder management including empathising with the business, structuring, producing and delivering messaging
- The ability to support a strategic planning process, including gathering inputs, conducting analysis, performing external research, prioritising/quantifying initiatives and structuring outputs
- Ability to discern and balance the interconnectedness of financial, business, client and market impacts during decision making process
- Ability to manage ongoing prioritisation agenda and flex approach dependent on needs and value of the task
- Ability to build materials for internal and external stakeholders around group strategic initiatives such as M&A activity, new partnerships and financing
- Strong excel skills with the ability to build financial models to evaluate M&A opportunities, new partnerships and financing scenarios
- Ability to understand the perspective of counterparties and the drivers of value to tailor conversations and inputs that drive favourable decisions
What does success look like?
Within 3 months the employee should:
- Have a good understanding of the Quantium Group business, including the products and services we have in market, how we add value for our clients, where we are unique and our strategic plan and ambition
- Have built up good cross business unit relationships outside of the central Group Strategy team, this includes the formation of trusted relationships with peers in client facing and non-client facing teams
- Begun supporting key initiatives of the commercial team
Within 12 months the employee should be:
- Driving and working independently on initiatives being run by the commercial team
- Delivered, with relevant stakeholders and teams, a strategic or commercial project – be that within Group Services or for another business unit
- Be a trusted “pair of hands” and respected both within the central team but also within the broader Quantium business
- Be an advocate for change and helping the organisation deliver on our strategic priorities
Key People and Leadership capabilities required
- Self-aware – you leverage diversity across people, tasks, client interactions and projects, taking responsibility for self and others
- Agile and innovative – you possess strong lateral thinking skills and actively develop these in others
- Achieve and perform – you have exceptional execution skills and are achievement focused
- Brand advocate – you anticipate and consider brand and cultural impact in decision making
- Purposeful and aligned – you are able to set clear, tangible objectives which deliver against our strategy
- Achievement oriented – you effectively facilitate challenging performance related conversations in a timely and appropriate manner
- Coach – you demonstrate the ability to coach and develop others while facilitating learning, growth and engagement
Related Case Studies
Principal at Ethiopian ATA
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey & Roland Berger | Senior manager | Programme, project & change mgt
Project Manager at Portas
Successful candidates: ex-Accenture | Manager | Strategy
Strategy Consultant at BC Strategy
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Associate | Strategy