Westpac advertised on Movemeon for a Senior Manager to develop growth strategies with an ex-top tier, international team.This role was viewed by 727 Movemeon members. The successful candidate is a Roland Berger alumnus.
This company was supported by Pete, General Manager Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 1817, Westpac is proud to be Australia’s first company and oldest bank. The Westpac Group serves over 14 million customers and employs 40,000 people. Westpac is also recognised globally as one of the world’s most sustainable banking groups.
Our internal strategy team is a multinational mix of 35 strategy professionals with top tier consulting and financial services experience across ANZ, Asia, Europe and the USA.
About the opportunity
Due to a strong pipeline of exciting new projects, we are searching for an exceptional Strategy Senior Manager to develop strategies and give advice to key stakeholders across a number of business units. The team works across the group executive and Board agenda, providing specialist and expert advice to key stakeholders in the early stage of project initiatives and assist in setting the strategic direction and priorities across the Westpac Group. You will be heavily involved in engagements across a range of complex and diverse business matters to include: growth initiatives and innovation projects, strategic planning reviews, segmentation, channel and product strategies, M&A support, and market development. There is also the opportunity to develop deep expertise in a particular part or division of the business.
- You have strategy consulting experience from a tier 1 or tier 2 consultancy; including projects in financial services
- You have lead a broad range of strategic projects, ideally including the likes of product, customer, channel or segment strategies, operating model design, market reviews or strategic business reviews
- As a successful strategy consultant you will be well versed in business case development with advanced problem solving abilities
- You have exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to build credibility and influence senior stakeholders
- With your finely tuned analytical skills you can confidently develop supporting analysis to build compelling cases for change for executives which will make an immediate impact in this already successful team
Experience and skill set required
- Tertiary degree required with strong academic record, post-graduate qualifications desirable
- Minimum of 5 years business experience in management consulting, strategy or relevant business roles
- Financial services expertise preferred but not mandatory
- Strategic thinking skills, defined as the ability to creatively approach and structure complex, potentially unfamiliar and ambiguous issues
- Exceptional analysis skills and complex business modelling skills (preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Experience working with and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experience leading work-streams, projects or teams
- Ability to work well within a team environment, develop relationships and share workloads
- Ability to manage to deadlines and deliver on time with high quality
- High proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
About our offer
You can expect a tangible work/life balance married with the opportunity to continue to work on a variety of strategic project based work in the Sydney CBD. You will have dynamic, intelligent, like-minded peers. Our company can offer you the opportunity to move internally and you can define your own career path. On offer is a strong earning capacity and a collaborative team environment. The very best training and development will be open to you.
If you are an exceptional overseas applicant looking to come and live and work in Australia, we will support your visa.
Related Case Studies
Freelance Due Diligence Project (10 days)
Candidate: Bain & Copmany and Google alum | Manager | Strategy
Freelance Senior Associate at Inchcape
Candidate: Kearney alumna | Associate | Strategy
Head of Customer Loyalty at Woolworths NZ
Candidate: 8+ years Director-level experience | Senior Manager / Director & above | Strategy