Case Study| Funding Circle | Change Manager
START-UPS | FINTECH | TRANSFORMATION/CHANGE | ASSOCIATE |
PERMANENT HIRE | £50-70k | LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM |
Funding Circle is the world’s leading marketplace exclusively focused on small businesses — more than $1 billion has been lent to 8,000 businesses in the UK and USA. They advertised on movemeon for a Change Manager role. The successful mmo member was a Senior Manager at Broadstone Group with an experience at Deloitte and a degree from Cambridge.
About the role
> Managing end-to-end project management to deliver successful projects
> Ensuring that all projects adhere to company values and risk and compliance frameworks
> Ongoing managing of changes during and post implementation
> 3-5 years’ experience in project related roles
> At least one years’ experience in cross-functional project management
> Advantage to have worked within a fast paced technology environment
Over the last 5 years we have helped hundreds of our partners find that missing piece for their team and changed the career path of hundreds of consultants and alumni. Curious to find out more? Email email@example.com for our media pack.
We don’t only change people’s careers we also give them advice, run events and are pretty insightful when it comes to hiring and consulting.
If you are interested here is the full job description:
About Funding Circle:
Funding Circle is the world’s leading marketplace exclusively focused on small businesses — more than $1 billion has been lent to 8,000 businesses in the UK and USA. Today, 40,000 individuals, financial institutions and even the UK Government are investing in small businesses through our marketplace.
Funding Circle is one of the best-capitalized marketplace lending platforms in the world. We have raised around $300 million of equity capital since 2010 from some of the largest and most sophisticated investors in the world including Accel Partners, Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, DST Global, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Sands Capital, Temasek and Union Square Ventures.
We are seeking a top-performing smart and motivated individual to join a fast-growing and exciting business, reporting directly to the UK Director of Special Projects, to drive the successful implementation of projects across the business. The role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working closely with the operations, customer analytics, technology, marketing and product teams. Key responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end project management to deliver successful projects to include: Operations changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness, large software releases, new product releases, change management programs, investor onboarding, marketing programme innovations, systems and controls changes
- Planning and kicking off – appropriate planning to ensure success
- Confirming and communicating project setup (roles, responsibilities, goals etc)
- Planning / replanning project activities including critical dependencies
- Ongoing project management – motivating teams and managing schedules to keep on track
- Managing dependencies across teams
- Timely escalation of issues / blockers to ensure quick resolution
- Tracking progress and monitoring for expected and unexpected change
- Managing against project budget
- Ensuring that all projects adhere to company values and risk and compliance frameworks
- Ongoing managing of change during and post implementation:
- Work across teams to educate and communicate expected changes
- Support in development and execution of training program
- Engage, motivate and inspire the team to create buy-in and to deliver against project objectives
- Track metrics to understand success against goals and amend/develop additional measures to ensure success is sustained
Are you hungry, energetic, and multi-talented? Do you love coming up with better ways to do things? Do you speak up and have plenty of ideas, but are interested in hearing other people’s too? Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but know how to let your hair down on a Friday (or Thursday) night?!
We are looking for:
- 3-5 years’ experience in project related roles, with at least one years’ experience in cross-functional project management
- Advantage to have worked within a fast paced technology environment
- Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate across senior and junior stakeholders
- Ability to motivate and drive teams forward
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business
- Collaborative, comfortable working across several different teams