Zeiss advertised on Movemeon for a Head of Strategic Corporate Development, to develop strategies for an internationally leading optics manufacturer.The successful Movemeon member previously worked at McKinsey & Company.
This company was supported by Sabrina, German team lead.
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
In a modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
- Ensure and improve the competitiveness of ZEISS Group targeting at a continuous value creation and profitable growth
- Plan and develop a mid-/long-term corporate strategy for ZEISS Group together with the Executive Board including portfolio evaluation, definition of strategic directives and the implementation of a balanced scorecard
- Set up, implement and steer strategic planning with the strategic business units and the global sales and service companies to ensure a consistent, high-quality strategy portfolio
- Develop and implement adequate strategy processes, methods and competencies – Coach the strategic business units in strategic questions
- Conduct market intelligence and benchmarking initiatives
- Initiate evaluate and steer M&A activities to develop the group’s business portfolio
- Steer the global sustainability efforts of ZEISS
- Lead a highly motivated and qualified team of former strategy consultants, industry and strategy experts
- Dive into an inspiring and challenging environment that enables you to shape the strategic future of ZEISS together with the Executive Board, the Global Leadership Team and all colleagues globally
- Build a comprehensive network across businesses and functions that builds the foundation of many global opportunities within ZEISS
- A degree in natural sciences or engineering with outstanding grades, ideally a completed PhD and/or a high caliber MBA
- At least 8-10 years of experience in industry or in a top management consulting firm, preferably in business and organizational development
- A proven track record in managing larger scale strategic projects, e.g. M&A, business development, or organizational transformation
- Preferably experience abroad (e.g. in the Asia region) as well as experience in M&A and/or digital transformation
- A solid foundation in business topics, planning, strategic methodologies, project management
- Demonstrated a high degree of flexibility and endurance, customer orientation, and change management
- Excellent capability of expression, both verbally and in writing, speak business fluent English and proven skills in delivering analyses and presentations on Executive Board level
- Commitment, interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial thinking to motivate others, inspire colleagues on all levels and contribute in shaping the future of ZEISS
- Fluent in German
200k €+, based on experience
Related Case Studies
Digital Media Consultant (Freelance) at the Financial Times
Successful candidate: BCG alum | Associate | Corporate & business development
SKY hired a Group Strategy Senior Manager
Candidate: Previously worked at Accenture. Company: Europe’s leading entertainment company. Read more...
Hired: Senior Partnerships Manager
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey