Nous utilisons des cookies pour vous assurer la meilleure expérience utilisateur possible. Vos cookies sont stockés dans votre navigateur et exécutent des actions comme vous reconnaître lorsque vous revenez sur notre site et aider notre équipe à comprendre quelques parties de notre site vous trouvez les plus intéressantes et utiles.
MicroEnergy Credits advertised on Movemeon for an Environmental Markets Director to help stop climate change and energy poverty; aid clean energy investment for rural households.
This role was viewed by 374 Movemeon members.
The successful candidate is McKinsey & Co. alum.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
MicroEnergy Credits catalyzes the shift to a low carbon future by empowering rural and urban households in emerging economies to switch from traditional fuels to clean, efficient and renewable energy. We are passionate about partnering with MicroFinance Institutions to enable women, microentrepreneurs, households and small businesses to access affordable microfinance for clean energy. We offer Microfinance Institutions access to financial enhancements from Environmental Markets which are used to facilitate large scale retail clean energy lending programs. We pride ourselves in being an ideal partner for MicroFinance Institutions which wish to serve its membership with clean energy products, diversify a loan portfolio by adding or increasing the clean energy segment, or enter new markets where clean energy is in high demand.
MicroEnergy Credits is a small, dynamic team of 35. Our culture has maintained its start-up ethos of innovation and collaboration at the intersection of environmental markets, clean energy technology, data analytics and financial inclusion. Our headquarters is located Mumbai, India, and we have a second office in Nairobi, Kenya. We have developed financial institution partnerships which reach over 80 Million households across Asia and Africa, and our programs have reached 23 Million people with clean energy.
- Communicate MEC’s vision of transitioning to a carbon free economy that both derives from and contributes to poverty alleviation through microfinance
- Build a social media presence for MEC’s carbon program
- Lead the design and negotiation of first-of-their-kind, industry-leading deals, creating benefits for a wide arrange of stakeholders
- Manage a carbon project business development pipeline
- Work fluently in the language of environmental markets including CORSIA, the CDM, Article 6.2, Article 6.4, and the Green Climate Facility
- Work collaboratively with our government customers and other stakeholders to get government buy-in for international engagement
- Grow MEC’s program to catalyze emerging low carbon technology project types including electric vehicles, rooftop solar, efficient or renewable air conditioning and efficient or renewable refrigeration
- Pride yourself on maintaining excellent client relationships with MEC’s carbon offtake partners and Co-project developers
- Collaborate with a variety of diverse internal teams at MEC, including growth, finance and carbon origination
- You are a business development go-getter, comfortable networking and building relationships across many cultures, countries and sectors
- You communicate clearly and precisely using pyramid structure and applying logical frameworks. You listen carefully. You calibrate communication to build relationships with diverse audiences from executives to technical experts. You excel in simply explaining complex ideas
- You are comfortable with complex transactions. You have strong financial modeling skills
- You are comfortable operating in a small, lean, dynamic and fast moving team
- You are entrepreneurial, creative and excited to take ownership of a business development portfolio
- You are passionate about MEC’s social mission
- You are excited to travel 60+% of the year
- You have a strong climate policy background, either through carbon project development, government or NGO based carbon policy or carbon focused graduate studies
Nice to have
- Experience working in international markets
- Breadth of regional and local cultural, social, and business acumen.
- Strong understanding of carbon markets
- Professional fluency in regional foreign language(s) is a plus, particularly fluency in Hindi