In reaction to the outbreak of COVID-19, Movemeon developed an initiative titled ‘Consultants Against COVID-19‘. This initiative comprises of 400+ highly skilled consultants and ex-consultants willing and ready to provide their services for free to support any charities, public sector and other not for profit organisations in need during the crisis. Headed up by Jack Fitch and Clare Tsangari (who are also volunteering their support for free) they are matchmaking the best skills to key roles and creating awareness through a dedicated LinkedIn channel.
40+ consultants have currently been placed with a variety of public health organisations, charities and government at the national level. This is Sergio’s journey to supporting ComoAyudar.org, the website with 300 solidarity initiatives against COVID: PPE for healthcare or help for the elderly alone.
Where did you start your career/where are you going?
I started as an Intern in banking, quickly turning to consulting. Currently I’m back at banking working in Strategy and Transformation – I’m not sure where I’m going, just trying to enjoy the ride
What first attracted you to volunteer your time and join Consultants against COVID-19?
I knew I wanted to help, but I didn’t know how. Movemeon helped with that 🙂
What are the key aspects of your new role, how do they help support your new company and what have you gained from the experience?
It’s my first time working as a Country Manager (even though is pro-bono) and I’m taking this opportunity as a chance to increase my skills as a leader.
What are you doing more of because of coronavirus?
Spending time with my family.
Finally, what are you most looking forward to doing once social distancing rules have been relaxed?
First, go surfing, and when the pandemic finishes, practice Brazilian jiujitsu!
Whether you’re on the front lines of fighting the virus or not, Consultants Against COVID-19 are helping companies with full-time support down to one-off expertise. Please contact freehelp@movemeon
- Movemeon.com - The world’s leading community of consultants, alumni and commercial professionals. Founded by two ex-McKinsey Consultants, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
- Career Advice2021.09.24Lessons in Leadership – The Drilldown by Movemeon
- Hiring Advice2021.09.22Consultants – Insights from Movemeon 2021 Work & Pay Report -Impact of COVID-19
- Career Advice2021.09.17What’s Visa Sponsorship and Should You Offer It? A Brief Guide
- Hiring Advice2021.09.17Startup Founders – Insights from Movemeon 2021 Work & Pay Report -Impact of COVID-19