We were founded by two ex-McKinsey consultants in London with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs and great candidates easier.
Today Movemeon is used by over 40,000 high-calibre strategy consultant members and ~3,500 businesses (from the likes of Nike, HelloFresh and Woolworths through to early stage VC-backed start-ups) across 100+ countries.
With a global HQ team based in London running our support functions, we founded our APAC hub in Sydney with a General Manager hire in 2019.
We are looking for a capable, energetic team member who is excited about the opportunity to join a business with unlimited potential as employee #2 in Australia and the region.
About the role
This role is envisaged as a critical right-hand support to the APAC GM to support our rapid ramp-up in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
This presents a brilliant opportunity to learn the ropes of a rapidly scaling business from top to bottom. Some of the things you’ll do and be responsible for:
- Be a dedicated point of contact for our clients and strengthen client relationships
- Advise our clients on how to market their roles and how to attract the best candidates
- Support clients in screening profiles and shortlisting candidates
- Work closely with the Product team to identify bugs, generate new ideas and overall improvements to our offering
- Support, help build and implement the marketing plan for driving awareness and take-up in our key APAC markets
- Assist candidates to get the most out of the platform
- Proactively contribute to new business development activities
- Contribute to strategy and growth planning
- Take on key operations and administration tasks as necessary
We are a start-up, so you should be willing to roll your sleeves up and get involved wherever you are needed and can add value! You will also have the opportunity to engage with our HQ team in London and our international market leads.
What the right candidate will bring to the table
- Someone with 1-2 years of experience – consulting, marketing, business, start-up ideal
- Interest in the world of business
- A natural organiser with strong attention to detail
- Ruthlessly efficient – able to deal with multiple tasks at once and prioritise as necessary
- Happy getting hands dirty with all types of tasks – evidence that you’re a real ‘do-er’
- Excellent written English language skills. Additional (Asian) languages a huge plus
- Creative thinker and looking for smart ways to improve day-to-day processes.
- Proactive about sharing and implementing your ideas
- Comfortable speaking with customers – often you’ll be speaking to senior people at a variety of organisations
- Desire to take on responsibility quickly. As MMO grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. So that means quickly stepping up to manage more things and potentially more people too
- A fun & friendly team member
- Experience in marketing and digital a plus
This role would suit someone with a strong academic background looking to join a disruptive player with a fun environment. We offer a competitive package, including competitive base salary, quarterly bonuses, 27 days holiday and unlimited potential to grow with the company. Cool start-up office in Sydney CBD.
Please send your CV and a short cover note to: infoAPAC@movemeon.com
Find out more about us at movemeon.com/asia
If you’ve got any questions – or want to contact us directly about the opportunity – please do feel free to email us.
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so please don’t delay in applying – we’d love to hear from you.
NB – Candidates must have right to work in Australia.
- Movemeon.com - The world’s leading community of consultants, alumni and commercial professionals. Founded by two ex-McKinsey Consultants, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
- Hiring tips/insights2020.07.07We speak to Aude, ex-McKinsey co-founder of Innovafeed, on the challenges inherent in scaling and how a consulting skillset can help solve them
- Consulting2020.07.07Consulting: the 80-hour week myth & how to control your lifestyle
- Consulting2020.07.02Get the most out of consulting (before it gets the best out of you!)
- Application/Interview advice2020.06.30What are the most popular jobs on Movemeon?