2018 was an exciting year for Movemeon.
50% more candidates have been taken through to interview; during the second half of 2018, 55 candidates started a new interview process every week. We worked with 488 employers on 1113 opportunities, launched our first proprietary salary report, doubled our operations in France, and gained four brilliant new team members (welcome Serena, Gaby, Lara, Clément!), taking our team to 18 and counting. Our wonderful product team also built a swathe of new useful features for our candidates and employers, and we made some pretty significant changes to our standard service:
What’s improved for you in 2018
- Shortlisting. While hiring managers can always access each and every application, account managers now CV screen every application to select the best candidates and highlight them to save time for the hiring manager.
- Proactive search. We built a vastly improved candidate invite tool which allows our account managers to see more relevant candidate information and thus send much more targeted individual invitations to apply to specific roles.
- Improved candidate management tools. Based on client feedback, we built a host of useful features including direct login links, automated emails flagging new applicants and applicants due to be rejected, better in-platform note-taking facilities and the ability to set bespoke questions in job posts for more tailored cover letters, among many more!
- A more hands-on service. As well as regular shortlists, we grew our Success team to enable us to spend more time where it matters: marketing roles, sending targeted job alerts and bespoke invitations, introducing candidates for interview and passing on feedback to those who aren’t a good fit.
- More data. We’ve introduced the most comprehensive salary report of ex-consultants out there; you can check the 5 key figures from the 2018 report here, and request the upcoming 2019 report here.
- An ever-growing network. We’ve welcomed over 100 new candidates onto the platform every week throughout 2018, taking our community of consultants and alumni to now almost 33,000 candidates.
We’re in constant pursuit of our mission to offer our members the best experience for career exploration and hiring, and we’re more confident than ever that our hybrid model is the future for effective and hassle-free hiring. But we’re never complacent, and have some big plans for 2019! Here’s a taste of our product and service roadmap:
What’s in store for 2019
- International expansion. Movemeon has placed candidates in exciting opportunities all over the world, with a quarter of the hires made through us last year being outside the UK. In 2018 we supercharged our international growth by building a dedicated team to lead our operations in France, something we’re looking to replicate for Germany this year to increase the number of opportunities on offer to our German candidates, and vice versa.
- Accounting. Until now we have been concentrating our efforts on keeping up with strong demand on the consultant side of our business. This is set to change in 2019, and we’re currently hiring for someone who will be able to focus all their efforts on the growth of Movemeon Accounting.
- Candidate experience. Not only are we making some pretty changes to our website, making job discovery easier and more intuitive for our candidates, but we’re also doubling down on ensuring every candidate receives timely updates following their application, and more detailed feedback if things don’t work out.
- Employer dashboard. Our product team have been busy collating detailed feedback from hiring managers and recruitment teams using Movemeon, and they now have a wealth of ideas to improve the employer side of the platform, making it work better for everyone (from small start-ups to large corporates).
- Commercial models. We’re further developing our membership models to ensure we’re offering the right options to support all volumes of hiring. Get in touch to find out more.
We can’t wait to get stuck in and share our progress with you throughout 2019. To every client and candidate coming along for the ride – keep the feedback coming, and thank you for spreading the word and continuing to support us!
Movemeon.com was founded by McKinsey colleagues, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
Home of Consultants, Accountants & Freelancers
- Hire from an unrivalled network of 38,000+ professionals
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.10Employer – Felipe & Nisha, What’s it like working at ID Insight?
- Events2019.10.04Jobs for consultants — how consultants fit into startups
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.03Allbright Academy & Movemeon – How & when to hire
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.03What great onboarding looks like & why it’s important