We’re a fast-growing, tech-enabled, London scale-up company.
We were founded by two McKinsey consultants with the simple aim of making it easier to discover great jobs and candidates Today, Movemeon is used by 50,000+ strategic and commercial professionals and 4,000 businesses (from the likes of Sky, Amazon and GSK to early-stage, VC-backed startups) in 100+ countries.
Over the past year, we’ve gone through a period of rapid growth, and are looking to further scale the growth team.
The Start-up Growth Lead
The Start-up Growth Lead reports directly into our Head of Growth.
You will be responsible for running one of the most exciting and fast growing areas of our business – building our network of start-up clients and helping them find brilliant people.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role, but you won’t be starting from scratch – we already work with hundreds of the most exciting household name start-ups in the UK and beyond (Bulb, Hellofresh, Funding Circle, Babylon Health and GoCardless to name a few) and need someone to lead further growth across this network.
You will manage and run your own P&L, and will be responsible for developing your strategy to accelerate growth across key accounts and develop new business. This role would suit someone looking to join a disruptive player in a traditional industry within a supportive, inclusive and fun environment. We really believe the sky’s the limit in terms of what we can achieve as a team, and we pride ourselves on giving each other space to grow in a variety of different directions both as professionals and as people.
Specifically you’ll be responsible for
- Shaping and implementing strategies to drive growth across our Start-up/Scale network
- Effectively managing a large portfolio of clients (1,000+ VC-backed start-ups) to maximise the value of our existing relationships
- Driving new business development to expand the start-up network
- Potential to build out a team
What we’re looking for
You need to have strong business awareness and an ability to identify opportunities. You have a friendly but professional manner and thrive off the thrill of the chase and the closing of the deal. Internally, you need to be a flexible team player, always mindful of the interdependencies between parts of our business and the need to cooperate with colleagues to achieve our shared goals. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience (or equivalent) ideally in a start-up or B2B environment
- Strategic thinking – you will need to set the vision for the Startup/Scaleup network, determine what needs to happen, and run with it
- A strong commercial mindset – you’re great at spotting opportunities and understanding what clients want; prior sales or recruitment experience is not needed
- A natural organiser who is able to prioritise well
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) – we work with a big range of clients so you will need to be able to adjust your communication style accordingly
- A creative thinker who is looking for new days to improve day-to-day processes, as well as being proactive about sharing and implementing your ideas
What we offer
- Generous package (on experience) plus quarterly bonuses, 5% pension, 27 days of holiday)
- Freedom to take on responsibility quickly – as Movemeon grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. That includes an ability to quickly step up to manage more work streams, deliverables and potentially more people, too
- A hardworking and friendly team – we’re a humble bunch of people who genuinely enjoy working together
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Great working flexibility, with a lot of opportunities to work from home and flexible working hours
- Frequent lunches and events, and a monthly ‘fun’ budget for team staff;
- Two company away trips a year (recently to places such as Granada, Barcelona and Cluj Napoca)
- Excellent progression opportunities in a growing business
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover note outlining your interest, with the subject line “Growth start-up lead”.
If you’re unsure or have any questions – please feel free to get in touch, by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: “Growth start-up lead”.
We really look forward to hearing from you!
- Movemeon.com - The world’s leading community of consultants, alumni and commercial professionals. Founded by two ex-McKinsey Consultants, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
- Career Advice2021.05.05How do you become a Peak Product Manager? – 5 tips from Facebook’s Product Director
- Application & Interview Advice2021.04.26Last year, Elizabeth left McKinsey to join Deepnote, a seed-stage startup 🌱
- Reports & Analysis2021.04.26Work and pay report 2021 – Consultancies and Corporates
- Interviews2021.04.08Zarja Cibej, CEO and Founder of tech startup, myTamarin – Interview