Head of commercial working alongside founders to continue our rapid expansion; manage team and P&L with huge opportunity to grow with the business.
We’re a fast-growing, tech-enabled scale-up disrupting the world of recruitment. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by over 37,000+ ex-consultant professionals and ~3,000 businesses. 125 professionals become members every week. We onboard ~2 new businesses every day to start hiring through us – for permanent and freelance jobs. We’re an international business and candidates have landed jobs in 100+ countries.
We’re looking for a Head of Commercial to join our team and play a critical role in our future growth.
We’re a growing team of 20 who come from a variety of backgrounds – between us we have nine different nationalities! The founders – Nick and Rich – are both former McKinsey strategy consultants; others in the team have a mixture of prior start-up, consulting and corporate experience. University backgrounds include Oxford, Cambridge, Bocconi and others.
We’re a very open and close-knit team – we know how important it is that you enjoy working with your colleagues. As such, we prioritise getting to know each other outside of work with monthly team events and two international away trips every year. Over the past three years, we’ve travelled together to Barcelona, Seville, Brittany, Montenegro and Granada.
Head of Commercial
The Head of Commercial reports into our two founders and co-CEOs and is responsible for leading our Growth and Success teams. This is a pivotal role for the business with a huge potential impact.
As Head of Commercial, you manage both the growth and success functions and the P&Ls of Freelance, France and Germany. You are responsible for driving improvements and strategic/ operational projects across all these teams.
The growth team is responsible for onboarding new businesses and increase loyalty with current clients, and is currently made up of 3 people. The success team, comprised of 4 people, is responsible for working with clients once they have posted – ensuring clients to get the most from the platform, and candidates hear back promptly.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Commercial are
- Owning the overall commercial performance of the UK business, overseeing the day-to-day delivery
- Managing key commercial and operational projects across the business (in functions and across P&Ls)
- Keeping an eye on the numbers to identify high impact actions for the team, and helping the team to deliver against these; answering questions as they arise and supporting commercial decisions
- Day-to-day management of the success team: bringing energy and understanding the detail using data and insight
- Driving the Personal Development of your team, ensuring they’re growing and finding opportunities to develop
- Providing a fortnightly commercial update to co-CEOs and helping to implement strategic/ operational changes
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with likely 4-8 years’ experience and is now looking for their next challenge.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Inspirational team leader: someone who inspires others to do their best
- A people’s person: someone who really cares about their team, wants to develop them, and who wants to be part of a close and open team
- Detail-focused and organised: someone who likes being in the detail to understand how things work, and more typically why something isn’t working
- Management experience: both managing people and managing projects
- A do-er: someone who gets a tick out of operational delivery, and seeing their impact/ not just talking theoretically
- Consulting knowledge/ experience: an understanding of the market will be really helpful in working with, and supporting the team in working with, senior PE, consulting and corporate clients
- Experience of life in a start-up and business development experience will be helpful but not a prerequisite
About our offer
An opportunity to have a huge impact on a fast-growth business, whilst growing and developing a close-knit and open team.
Our offer includes:
- Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
- Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
- Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
- Real responsibility
- Fun, smart team
- A sensible work-life balance (we leave the office by 6 pm every day and don’t work weekends)
- Monthly team fun & annual away weeks (http://insight.movemeon.com/hiring-retaining/building-a-team/benefits-company-away-weeks)
- An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Salary dependant on experience & a significant bonus related to metrics you can track and control