We’re a fast-growing, tech-enabled scale-up disrupting the world of recruitment. We were founded with the simple aim of making discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by over 46,000 ex-consultant professionals and ~3,500 businesses. 150 professionals become members every week and we partner with 2 new businesses every day to hire for permanent and freelancer jobs. We’re an international business and candidates have landed jobs in 100+ countries.
We’re looking for a Head of Growth to join our team and play a critical role in our future growth.
COVID and our recent growth
We’re all really proud of movemeon’s performance during Covid19 and July to September has been a record quarter across all our business areas. Movemeon is uniquely positioned to support recruitment at the moment and we’re excited to be in a growth phase despite the turmoil:
- Technology. Our platform provides digital reach & digital collaboration with employers. Unlike agencies / headhunters, we don’t rely on cold calls and coffee meetings which have become almost impossible during social distancing / lockdowns.
- High-growth businesses. This is our largest customer segment and many such customers have been scaling significantly thanks to covid-driven changes in consumer behaviour (e.g, ecommerce, health-tech). Typically digitally disruptive themselves, they gravitate to working with a like-minded, tech-driven pier. Our platform delivers at speed too – often they can’t hire fast enough.
- Cost-effective. For permanent hiring, movemeon is +50% cheaper than working with a headhunter (and our annual subscription can be cheaper still). On the freelance side, a +75% saving vs hiring a consulting firm. In challenging economic times, companies are ever more focused on the ROI their suppliers offer and Movemeon is market leading.
- Freelance. Movemeon provides a 1-stop-shop for all types of hiring (compared to most recruitment channels focusing on one of the other). Covid disruption has further fueled growth in freelance as companies seek expertise they didn’t need before or capacity without committing to permanent hires.
We’re a growing team of 25 who come from a variety of backgrounds – between us we have nine different nationalities! The founders – Nick and Rich – are both former McKinsey strategy consultants; others in the team have a mixture of prior start-up, consulting and corporate experience.
We’re a very open and close-knit team – we know how important it is that you enjoy working with your colleagues. As such, we prioritise getting to know each other outside of work with monthly team events and two international away trips every year. Over the past three years we’ve travelled together to Barcelona, Seville, Brittany, Montenegro, Granada and Cluj.
Head of Growth
The Head of Growth will initially report into our two founders and co-CEOs, and is responsible for leading our Growth team. This is a pivotal role for the business with a huge potential impact.
The growth team is responsible for onboarding new businesses and increasing loyalty with current clients, and is currently made up of 5 people (two in your team who you’ll be responsible for managing and three working alongside you).
The key responsibilities of the Head of Growth are:
- Growth strategy: working closely with Growth managers and the broader commercial team to help develop growth strategy and operational approach for different industry groups (start-ups, scale-ups, corporates)
- Key accounts: Responsible for finding new, and developing deeper relationships with, key clients (£50-100k ARR). You’ll lead the sales process from end-to-end across our two main products: permanent and freelance success fee hiring.
- Management: day-to-day management of the growth team: bringing energy and understanding the detail using data and insight (KPI focused), answering questions as they arise and supporting commercial decisions. You’ll also drive the Personal Development of your team, ensuring they’re growing and finding opportunities to develop.
- New products and markets: Develop clear strategy for rolling out our new and highly disruptive subscription product; look into potential growth into new verticals
- Leadership: Providing a fortnightly growth update to co-CEOs and helping to implement strategic / operational changes; work closely with the Head of Success and Management team
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years’ experience and who is now looking for their next challenge.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Someone with consulting, recruiting or growth / sales experience in a SaaS / online business
- Commercial: someone who gets a kick out of closing big deals, and seeing their impact
- Consulting knowledge / experience: an understanding of the market will be really helpful in working with, and supporting the team in working with, senior PE, consulting and corporate clients
- Inspirational team leader: someone who inspires others to do their best
- A people’s person: someone who really cares about their team, wants to develop them, and who wants to be part of a close and open team
- Detail-focused and organised: someone who likes being in the detail to understand how things work, and more typically why something isn’t working
- Experience of life in a start-up will be helpful but not a prerequisite. However, like any start-up environment, you will need great prioritisation skills and a high degree of flexibility
About our offer
An opportunity to have a huge impact on a high-growth business, whilst nurturing and developing a close-knit and open team. Our offer includes:
- Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
- Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
- Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
- Real responsibility
- Fun, smart team of normal people
- A sensible work life balance; we know how important it is to recharge
- Monthly team fun & annual away weeks
- An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Basic salary experience dependent & significant bonus directly correlated to business impact
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so please don’t delay in applying – we’d love to hear from you.
Email email@example.com with “Head of Growth” in the subject line, attaching your CV with a short cover letter in the body of the email, and focusing in particular on your sales/business development experience.
- Movemeon.com - The world’s leading community of consultants, alumni and commercial professionals. Founded by two ex-McKinsey Consultants, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
- Interviews2021.05.12Tamsin, (Ex-Bain) left consulting to found her own company, Onloan – this is how she did it
- Interviews2021.05.12How to run a product delivery process at a scaleup – Advice from FutureLearn and ex-Depop Director
- Career Advice2021.05.05How do you become a Peak Product Manager? – 5 tips from Facebook’s Product Director
- Application & Interview Advice2021.04.26Last year, Elizabeth left McKinsey to join Deepnote, a seed-stage startup 🌱