Back in 2015, we posted a poll asking the question – ‘What’s your dream industry?’. Well, the results were very interesting. Take a look at the original article below.
Private Equity, a well known post-consulting haven, came out on top with 24.3% of the votes. Hot on its heels and perhaps more unusual, however, was the desire to work for a Start-up, voted for by 20.3%.
E-commerce & Technology, Media & Entertainment, and Technology came further behind, with ~10% of respondents voting for these industries each.
It seems then that start-ups are not only disrupting industry products/services but employment trends also. We’ve seen a similar pattern when it comes to candidates on our site – our largest industry preference is Private Equity at 38%, and again, start-ups fall into second place at 31%.
Movemeon.com was founded by McKinsey colleagues, Nick Patterson & Rich Rosser.
Home of Consultants, Accountants & Freelancers
- Hire from an unrivalled network of 38,000+ professionals
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.10Employer – Felipe & Nisha, What’s it like working at ID Insight?
- Events2019.10.04Jobs for consultants — how consultants fit into startups
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.03Allbright Academy & Movemeon – How & when to hire
- Hiring and retaining2019.10.03What great onboarding looks like & why it’s important