Help grow Movemeon into the world of finance; support the new market launch in fast-growth, tech-enabled business
We’re looking for someone to help support Movemeon’s launch into a new market. You’ll have responsibility from day one, working closely with the founders. You’ll be expected to help drive the growth of the tech-enabled business into this new market, working alongside the current team, product and client base. If you are hungry for your next challenge, please do get in touch!
We’re a fast-growing, tech-enabled, central London business. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by over 32,000 ex-consultant professionals and ~2,000 businesses (from the likes of Uber and Apple to early-stage VC-backed startups) in 100+ countries. Over 150 professionals and 15 businesses join the platform every week.
We’re now looking to grow our unique platform into our next market – professionals in accountancy (including corporate finance, audit, M&A, tax etc). The launch into this market will be a key focus for the business in 2019, and we’re looking for someone to help support this.
We’re a young, growing team of 18 who come from a variety of backgrounds – between us we have eight different nationalities! The founders are both former McKinsey strategy consultants; others in the team have a mixture of prior start-up, consulting and corporate experience. University backgrounds include Oxford, Cambridge, Bocconi and others.
None of us had much sector-specific knowledge before joining: we’re disrupting the recruitment industry, so we see a fresh perspective as no bad thing.
We are looking for someone to help drive movemeon’s growth into the world of finance.
This is an opportunity to help launch a new business line, with a big head start: a proven concept, a ready-built platform, over 2,000 existing clients and 3,000 existing accountant users.
You will initially work closely with the founders, as you develop the 100-day plan. You will report into the commercial team and work with the wider growth, success, marketing and product teams to deliver over those 100 days and beyond.
Specifically, your role will include:
- Developing an initial 100-day launch and growth plan for our finance/ accounting vertical
- Executing against the 100-day plan, both leveraging the current growth team but also doing your own prospecting and business development
- Managing end-to-end client relationships: manage clients from initial contact, through ongoing success management to hire
- Feeding ideas and focus areas into the marketing team to ensure our community grows in all the right places
- Constant analysis of the growth of the business and areas of opportunity
We measure the impact of everything. So you’ll get to see (and analyse) plenty of interesting data that will show just how much your hard work is contributing to the growth of the business.
What the right candidate will bring to the table
- Educated at a top University
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial: we want to scale this business as fast as possible; we need people who can execute effectively and think beyond the status quo
- Evidence that you are a ‘do-er’ (yes, thinking is important but lots of stuff needs to get done); previous experience in a start-up would be great
- An effective builder of relationships and a people person – we all need to get along and you’ll need to hire & inspire a team too
- Super organized – we are growing fast which means things change regularly and can be chaotically busy. You’ll need to keep a clear head and religiously get through your to-do list.
- The desire to take on responsibility quickly. As MMO grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. So that means quickly stepping up to manage more aspects of the business and potentially more people too.
About our offer:
- Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t spend needless time in the office and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done) with a sensible work life balance (we leave the office by 6 pm every day and definitely don’t work weekends)
- Real responsibility from day one, and respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
- Real responsibility: respect for, and encouragement of, your own ideas and initiatives
- A fun, smart team of normal people
- Monthly team fun & bi-annual away weeks (in the past 18 months we’ve been to Chamonix, Montenegro, Seville and Barcelona!)
- An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Competitive salary & quarterly bonus related to metrics you can track and control
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and also a short cover letter telling us exactly why you would be a good fit for the role. The subject of the email should be ‘Movemeon New Market Growth Lead” followed by your full name. Please specify your notice period (if any) and your salary. We look forward to hearing from you.