BIMA Mobile advertised on Movemeon for a Global Project Manager to lead the rollout in market of their most high profile strategic projects.
The successful consultants previously worked as Manager for Baringa Partners.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world. We use disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and health services to consumers with low incomes. BIMA is committed to disrupting the traditional insurance industry and democratizing access to vital services for billions of under-served families around the globe. In nine years, we’ve built a customer base of over 30 million subscribers in 11 countries across Africa & Asia. Our HQ is in London, where this role is based (with some travel to markets as needed).
Joining BIMA at this stage provides an opportunity for you to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed, and you get real responsibility from day one. We are only 9 years old and have transitioned successfully from startup to global scaleup, but our environment remains one of entrepreneurship & “rolling up your sleeves”.
We have brought together some of the best talent from World-leading organisations to create a company that truly celebrates diversity. Our people are our greatest asset and, as an equal opportunities employer encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to work with us. BIMA, where innovation, diversity and respect are at the heart of our culture.
An in-depth description of the role
This role reports to another movemeon member who was hired by our COO two years ago and continues to have a great experience at BIMA! It will suit someone with a good generalist consulting skill set, exposure to digital/tech, a want to join a young, entrepreneurial, action oriented organisation and a passion for the emerging world and our customers there. The role will lead implementation of new strategic product features in one of our core markets and then potentially look to roll out most successful features in other markets too.
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for the timely and high-quality delivery of one of BIMA’s most strategic projects in alliance with GIZ and Allianz. This is a Public Private Partnership where the Global Project Manager will play a critical role in rolling out a successful implementation in market and managing our strategic partners. This is a multi-channel customer engagement project, offering online and offline experiences and is one of the most strategic projects on BIMA’s Customer Engagement roadmap.
This is a critical role within the organization and he or she will need to manage a wide range of stakeholders, including internal BIMA central functions, particularly Product, Marketing and Engineering, and senior stakeholders at BIMA, Allianz and GIZ.
This role requires a true passion for making an impact in underserved communities and will be at the centre of delivering some of the most exciting digital experiences and journeys to BIMA’s customers in emerging markets.
- Likely3-5 years of generalist experience, either in an in-house transformation type function or from consulting – a solid project manager
- At least some experience to digital/product/tech/customer engagement type projects
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proactive, highly independent, and can-do approach to work, with a keen interest in getting into detail with content and comfort with “rolling their sleeves up” to complete delivery
- Positive and professional attitude to drive cross-functional and cross-geographical collaboration across multiple zones, strong leadership in creating a collaborative and delivery-focused culture
- A keen interest in understanding BIMA’s customers in emerging markets, the ability to empathize with their needs, and always representing their needs as we design and deliver customer engagement initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple external partners and internal functions, and flexibility to navigate changes in a rapidly growing company environment
- Able to travel internationally are required
- Proficiency with translating business to technical requirements (or vice versa) with excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of customer journey mapping, customer experience and the importance of delivering the maximum value to customers within agreed resources and scope
- Knowledge of cloud-based customer engagement or marketing cloud platforms (i.e. Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and multi-channel customer engagement strategies
- Proficient user of Atlassian tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) and fluent in building project plans on cloud solutions / Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience of having worked in cross-functional and international teams preferred, with emerging market experience desirable but not necessary
Related Case Studies
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy
Chief of Staff at OVO Energy
Successful candidate: ex-Strategy& | Manager | Right-hand to Exec/chief of staff