This role was viewed by 90 Movemeon members and received 44 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at PwC.
This company was supported by Sabrina, German Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Based in Berlin and the US, the company maintains a worldwide installed base of nearly 6,000 operating rooms, supporting over 10 million procedures per year. They are currently looking for a Freelance Business Analyst who can review business plans, analyze the company’s positioning and develop a qualitative understanding of critical success factors for the business. You will gain experience in entrepreneurship first-hand and work with the founders on a daily basis.
Start date: asap
Project duration: 6-12 months
Day rate: 400-475€
Location: Berlin (preferred) or London
About the company
Based in Berlin and the US, the company maintains a worldwide installed base of nearly 6,000 operating rooms, supporting over 10 million procedures per year.
They provide clinicians and executives with the data and tools to identify and understand deviations from established benchmark ranges, in order to reduce risk, and save their clinics valuable time and financial resources.
With over 100 employees from more than 20 different nationalities, they seek highly-motivated and passionate individuals to join them on their mission of improving surgical care.
About the project
- Reviewing business plans, analyzing the company’s positioning and developing a qualitative understanding of critical success factors for the business.
- Creating reports (memos and financial models) analyzing the findings to present and discuss within the team.
- Evaluating financial performance (key metrics, trends, capital needs), ensuring the accuracy and validity of data, and running financial models.
- Assisting in preparing material for presentation to senior executives.
- Assisting in managing the existing investor base, identifying and approaching new investors and raising fresh capital.
- Assisting in managing the existing portfolio, ensuring compliance with reporting, financial performance, and tracking important development milestones.
- Researching various sectors and sub-sectors within our vertical, writing reports and providing any additional analysis support as needed.
- Support with creating analyses, pitch decks, financial models and business plans.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least six months of related experience in a financial, banking, or consulting environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German and English.
- Proven analytical, presentation, and project management skills are critical.
- A comprehensive understanding of profit & loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and excellent skills in financial modelling using Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- The ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple projects independently at any given time.
- High motivation to work on complex transactions and to go the extra mile with the team.
- Experience entrepreneurship first-hand and work with the founders on a daily basis.
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents.
- Professional and intellectual knowledge exchange with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world.
- Work with an innovative and dynamic team with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Expect an environment with real impact, a great team and strong personal development.
Related Case Studies
Go Compare hired a Strategy & Investments Manager
Candidate: Ex L.E.K consultant. Company: British financial services comparison website
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.