This role was viewed by 491 Movemeon members and received 72 applications.
The successful candidate is from Bangkok and has 10 years of relevant experience.
This company was supported by Rich, Co-Founder of Movemeon.
An in-depth description of the role
Boon Rawd is a fifth-generation family business founded in 1933 as a beer company. It has since become a diversified conglomerate with five areas of focus: Beer, food & beverage, packaging, distribution & logistics and real estate. Boon Rawd enjoys market-leading positions in beer, soda and bottled drinking water in Thailand, along with meaningful positions in neighbouring markets, such as Myanmar and Cambodia.
Values & Culture
Boon Rawd is first and foremost a family business. The company believes in treating its partners, associates and employees as extensions of this family. Honesty and integrity are core values within the corporate culture, reflected in its standing as one of the very few alcohol-focused companies to be bestowed the Royal Garuda emblem by the Kingdom of Thailand.
Boon Rawd is keen to grow its regional footprint, beginning with neighbouring Indochina markets and focusing initially on product categories in which it has a strong right to win. Achieving these goals will require an aggressive, targeted expansion strategy, comprised of both organic and inorganic growth initiatives. Boon Rawd established Singha Asia Holding “SAH” as a subsidiary to pursue these objectives.
You will manage a team in charge of the following activities:
- Coordinate with SAH COO to raise capital
- Deploy capital
- Create value in the portfolio
- Drive operational improvements in operating companies
- Conduct ongoing review of industry and geographic trends to identify potential growth opportunities for SAH
- Support SAH COO in M&A, partnership development, business development and other inorganic growth opportunities
- Support SAH COO to communicate key business insights and results to senior Boon Rawd executives
- Assist the team in projects that will arise from time to time
Qualifications and experiences
- At least 3 years of consulting experience
- Track record in supporting complex projects to successful outcomes
- Exposure to M&A and partnership development
- Experience in tracking performance targets in portfolio companies
- Prior international work experience in Southeast Asia
- Undergraduate degree from a well-recognized academic institution, preferably a graduate business degree from a well-reputed program.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and ability to multi-task
- A self-starter with strong initiative, passion and drive
- Excellent time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Persistent and goal-oriented, with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving style
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.