National Citizen Service hired a Business Planning Manager. This role was viewed by 337 Movemeon members and received 30 applications with 3 interviews.
The successful candidate previously worked at PwC and studied in Cambridge University.
This company was supported by Gabriella, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
About NCS Trust
NCS Trust is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that works alongside 100+ youth organisations and councils to drive and deliver NCS across the country. Nearly 500,000 young people have now taken part in NCS and it is the country’s fastest-growing youth movement in over a century.
Business Planning Manager
You will join our Strategy and Business Planning team, consisting primarily of people with a background in management consultancy (Bain & Company, OC&C). Reporting into the Head of Strategy of Development and Business Planning, you will run, and continue to evolve, an integrated planning process for NCS Trust.
What you’ll do
– Lead the continued development and improvement of NCS Trust’s business planning process, to include tracking throughout the year
– Run an effective annual business planning process, working closely with all departments to translate the NCS strategy into plans, objectives and KPIs
Ensure business planning processes are used consistently across departments, and that activity is focused on delivering against plans and objectives
– Ensure project portfolio, objectives and departmental plans are complementary and thorough, facilitating prioritisation, resolving competing demands, and challenging proposed plans
– Own the development of an annual published Business Plan
Maintain the Annual Business Calendar
Support the wider work of the Strategy Development & Business Planning team as required
What we’re looking for
– Experience with developing and setting organisational/departmental plans and KPIs objectives
– Experience building and introducing business processes, including change management
– Track record of working with senior management and with external stakeholders
– Experience of working in the youth/voluntary sectors a plus
Highly organised; able to manage competing priorities and take ownership of a complex scope of work
– Strategic mindset; an ability to synthesise and to place activity within the context of the organisation’s overall strategic direction
– Able to understand and assimilate information from a variety of sources
– Excellent attention to detail and both written and verbal communications skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management, with the ability to work with and influence individuals not directly under one’s control, including senior leadership
Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment