Manual advertised on Movemeon.com searching for a category manager to challenge outdated notions around men’s wellbeing.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at L.E.K and has over 3 years of relevant experience.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
The original job description
We’re no strangers to the pitfalls of ignoring your well-being.
We started Manual because we spent years sweeping everything under the carpet until everything piled up and the carpet wore out.
Overweight, anxious, unable to sleep, run down and fatigued are just some of the problems we’d stacked up between us. Not a pretty sight.
We began to talk to each other, then to others, and actively sought help. The more we talked, the better we felt. The more we got to know about the solutions, the more we implemented them into our lives. And guess what? Looking after yourself head to toe, inside and out, really works.
But hey, we’re far from fixed, it’s a journey. We’re building Manual for all of us. To help figure out the best routes to well-being central.
So grab the guide, shift gears, and let’s get rolling. Health and happiness? Let’s do this.
What are we looking for:
This highly cross functional role will lead key company projects. The Category Manager will need to manage entire projects working while working with all other business functions (Supply Chain, Product, Marketing) with P&L responsibility.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a lateral thinker and hard worker who can demonstrate they can take on responsibilities from day one.
- Define the overall strategy for the assigned category/project (e.g. products, pricing, customer experience, marketing etc)
- Manage the category P&L and being responsible for main KPIS
- Translate the strategy in the best product customer value proposition
- Engage in commercial negotiations and ensure good commercial terms in conjunction with supply chain team
- Define together with UX and PM the website experience
- Define customer communication for the assigned product across the different phases of the customer journey
- Support the marketing team to define the best customer acquisition and retention strategy
- The ideal candidate will likely have between two and six years of relevant work experience, including strategy consulting and startup experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Commercial acumen and willingness to talk to multiple suppliers
- You are customer focused – you understand the customer and able to communicate to them
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Bonus point if you have previous experience in launching new products and categories for another startup
Click here to view exclusive live opportunities on Movemeon.com