Babylon is home to the largest collection of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers. They are working on making healthcare delivery affordable and accessible.
The company advertised on movemeon as they were looking for a Chief Commercial Officer. The successful movemeon member was previously President for Deluxe Entertainment Service Group.
An in-depth description of the role
Who are we?
We are a team on a mission to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on Earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
Babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100′ list. Fortune Magazine included Babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time.
What are we looking for?
- Direct experience of translating the business vision into actionable KPI’s and objectives for a team
- Exceptional track-record of setting up new sales capabilities and growing existing sales teams
- Interfacing directly with executive leadership teams to set the growth direction and prioritise objectives
- Set focus for sales teams and optimise the team to concentrate on defined sales channels
- Well versed in mentoring, coaching and growing internal sales teams to outperform
- A seasoned background negotiating and completing complex deals with FTSE 100 organisations both locally and internationally
- Experience scaling revenue within a large-scale enterprise, start-ups and venture-backed firms, helping to grow revenues of more than £100m annually
- Disruptive sales experience, we sell into multiple markets finding new budgets and creating value from scratch
- Robust previous examples of managing complexity and leading change to deliver significant results
- Translating the vision into defined sales targets and clear KPI’s
- Excellent commercial acumen and leadership experience at a board level
- Leads by example, seizing on new opportunities
- Being – fast has to be in your DNA
- Analytical skills and experience of reporting using analytics
- A belief in the mission and direction of Babylon
Who fits the role?
- You need to have great curiosity, be inquisitive and challenge the status quo
- We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations
- You need to think logically and creatively to find different solutions
- We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local nuances and challenges, without getting bogged down in why something might not work or may not be working
- We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact and seeing the tangible effects
- You need to want to make change now, this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months
- There’s a lot to do, so we need someone who can prioritise and make decisions intelligently using data to direct them.
- You’ll definitely do some number-crunching, it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be.