The successful candidate previously worked at McKinsey.
This company was supported by Clement, French Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
About Verisure / NEXTGen
NEXTGen Talent Program at Verisure provides a substantial level of exposure, ownership and leadership on critical analysis, alignment across the organization, and project management. Verisure has nearly three million customers in 15 countries across Europe and Latin America and more than 16,000 colleagues, and we have enjoyed consistent double-digit top and bottom-line growth over the past 30 years. We’re looking for a talented, innovative, passionate Chief of Staff to join our growing and successful Team. This is a newly created position at the Managing Director’s team in Belgium
Are you talented, innovative and ambitious? Would you like to be part of our next generation of leaders?
If the answer’s yes, talk to us about becoming one of the future rising talents of our company and about participating in our NEXTGen International Talent Program. We’re growing quickly across Europe and we can offer you a key Leadership position in one of our expansion countries in one year.
This role will provide high performers from top tier consulting firms a way to transition to the world of operations, high-level exposure and involvement in the company’s strategic agenda, an opportunity to work with high-performing Management Team in a global, growing operation. The training, visibility and impact this Chief-of-Staff will position him/her to take one of the leadership positions in the business in Belgium within the next years.
We are the European market leader in monitored smart alarms, and one of the fastest-growing companies focused on digitally-enabled consumer products and services. We have nearly three million customers in 16 countries across Europe and Latin America and more than 16,000 colleagues. We have enjoyed consistent double-digit top and bottom-line growth over the past 30 years.
What we look for in our people
We are looking for ambitious people with expertise and with a big desire to grow, both personally and professionally; high potential people who want to face new challenges. People with a strong fit with our unique DNA:
- Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something, we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
- Always Innovating: We believe that innovation can be big or small; it’s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk-takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another’s strengths, investing in and developing our team’s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a proactive, solution-oriented advisor focused on driving value to the business. This role provides an outstanding platform for a highly talented individual to work under the immediate supervision of the Managing Director and generally help to implement its visions.
Experiences and Qualifications
We’re looking for a high Potential / Top Performer from either a leading strategic consulting firm and/or with experience in similar group strategic/corporate advisory roles – if no consulting background, evidence of working in a strategic and advisory capacity – very strong consulting mindset, as well as:
- Top tier education background with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (ideally engineering or business administration)
- Circa 5-10 years of cumulative post-University experience (pre-/post-MBA, depending on the overall experience)
- High EQ, possesses a high level of judgement and discretion, manages the confidentiality
- Very strong people and process skills
- Strong track record around project management and presentation skills
- Commonly seen as analytically strong
- Fluency in English and a good understanding of French
- Dutch would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence the development of appropriate and effective internal and external messaging.
- Team player, humble, comfortable and effective in a hands-on, team-oriented environment
- Reliability – ability to produce work of very high quality on a timely manner, ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- High ‘EQ’’. High IQ individual
- Agility – able to manage uncertainty and adapt to change with pragmatism. Knows how to get things done in ambiguous, executive settings
- Energy contributor, low maintenance, flexible, ambitious but collegial
- Ability to interface with and influence key stakeholders
- Proven team player with the ability to operate collaboratively in a matrixed team environment – proven ability to easily, naturally develop great relationships across the organization
- Solution-oriented mindset
Our success depends on our people and we invest in them every day. Working with Verisure you are part of an industry-leading, world-class company that thrives on a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Now you decide if you want to be the owner of your future. At Verisure there are no limits. You will reach as high as you want to.
Come and join us. Welcome to the new generation, welcome to NEXTGen.
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.