OVO Energy advertised on Movemeon for a Chief of Staff to distil future strategy of Group and advise on opportunities for fast-growing business with 700,000 customers.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Strategy&.
This company was supported by Clare, Client Success Manager.
Founded in 2009, OVO was established with the clear vision of building an energy business centred around delivering simple, sustainable customer propositions with great customer service, underpinned by a strong technology ethos that is central to everything we do. We have grown exponentially since then and today OVO Energy has almost 700,000 customers.
Central to the growth of our business is the transition from pure energy retail to asset-backed service provision in Energy Tech. As part of this strategy, we are building capability in new areas, through organic and inorganic means. OVO has recently acquired a number of businesses; CORGI HomePlan provides expert assistance in central heating, breakdowns, scheduled servicing and general home emergencies; V Charge has developed a proprietary technology platform that changes how electric grids are controlled in preparation for the rapid transition to renewable energy and energy storage, helping to solve the problem of renewables intermittency.
OVO have also invested in a number of businesses in Energy Tech as well as invested in our own incubator to develop ideas within this space.
Reporting to the CEO and Founder of OVO Group, you will be helping to distill the future strategy of the group and putting into place the governance and structure to execute against this. There is much opportunity in the Energy tech space both in the UK and across the world. Ambition has never been an issue, but making ideas a reality takes discipline and planning.
- Helping the CEO to distill strategy and advising on opportunities
- Establishing fit for purpose governance and reporting across the current portfolio of 6 Group businesses
- Ensure that the leaders of the businesses and senior team have clear and aligned goals
- Facilitating and driving key initiatives through inception phase to turn concepts into reality
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan
- Developing inclusive planning processes
- Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans
- Monitoring delivery against plans and taking action to course correct
- Attending board meetings and operating executive meetings on behalf of and in addition to CEO (depending on his schedule)
You will have a unique role within the OVO Leadership team and will gain a rich understanding of all the moving parts which deliver the overall strategy.
Who we are looking for
- Excellent education
- Some time in strategy consulting but also operational experience of execution of strategy, for example as leader of an operational business unit or functional division
- A desire to bring order to relative chaos – super organised and detail focussed
- An understanding of Energy / Energy Tech would be an advantage but not essential
Related Case Studies
Category Manager (Strategy) at Manual
Successful candidate: 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked at L.E.K
US Country Lead at Taptap Send
Successful candidate: ex-Rocket Internet | Senior manager | General management
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney