Our client, a leading PE-backed e-commerce scaleup, advertised on Movemeon to hire a Chief of Staff to support the CEO and the Leadership Team through strategic leadership, direction, and management and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of execution across the business’s key strategic priorities, helping to shape and drive the strategic plan.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at McKinsey.
This company was supported by Sabah, Head of Special Projects.
The original job description
The Chief of Staff role is a key senior position within this ambitious and exciting B Corp. By acting as a confidante and right hand for the CEO and assisting other leadership and board members in various ways, the role will support the CEO and the Leadership Team through strategic leadership, direction, and management. The role will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of execution across the business’s key strategic priorities, helping to shape and drive the strategic plan. You will help to build the base of a strong organization, and drive a relentless focus on what matters amid shifting company priorities.
The Chief of Staff will facilitate alignment between strategies and leadership team priorities, supporting the leadership team to execute at the highest level. You will proactively manage both internal and external stakeholders, acting as a bridge between the CEO and the rest of organisation and ensuring the CEO is maximising their effectiveness. You will attend Leadership Team meetings.
Specifically you will:
- M&A and integration: Assist the CEO and leadership team in project managing, executing and integrating M&A opportunities, most likely to be of an international nature
- Leadership team effectiveness: Work with the Exec team to structure and prioritise objectives
- Business planning: Play a key role in developing and articulating the three year strategy and supporting the business planning and reporting processes
- Strategic projects: Lead a number of strategic projects and provide support to the PMO and sponsors in delivering the wider change roadmap. Projects will span the full breadth of the business, for example warehouse automation, e-commerce, data usage, marketing effectiveness, customer journey, and tech development
- Supporting the rapid growth of the business in the USA and other international territories
- Negotiating and securing key business relationships on good terms
- Business partnering: Work with department heads and finance to oversee the preparation of business cases and other materials for presentation to the CEO and Board
- Helping with Exec and Board reporting including shaping and refining the Board pack alongside the CEO and Finance Director
- Establish the new charitable WoB Foundation, including building partnerships and fundraising
As we continue to scale in Europe, we’re looking for a talented consultant to work with our Executive VP for Europe to build & lead our Transformation Division which will lead on a number of Strategy & Transformation initiatives. This role will answer the complex strategic questions around the topics of corporate development (strategy & markets), performance & restructuring and transformation.
These projects will have a direct impact on the global business and you will be working with leaders across all functions and will have significant exposure to the Group CEO. This role will look after:
- Long term strategy for different businesses within the group
- Development of strategic initiatives in response to the leadership’s questions
- Project management for high complexity strategic projects (international, cross-divisional, cross-functional, turnaround situation)
- Transformation and Change Management
- Restructuring and organisational redesign
- Market and competitor intelligence
What we are looking for
- 2+ years experience in consulting
- Strong academic record – Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top tier university
- Significant exposure to analytical projects
- You have a keen interest in e-commerce and complex operational business models
- You are passionate for environmental and social impact through business
- You have exceptional business/commercial sense and enthusiasm for high growth businesses
- You are a strategic thinker, having the capability to research and analyse data to shape sound strategic plans
- Excellent communication skills & stakeholder management
Click here to view exclusive live opportunities on Movemeon.com
Related Case Studies
HIRED - SENIOR INNOVATION OPERATIONS MANAGER
Objective: Re-define the restaurant experience of the future, delivering against global strategic objectives.
Freelance PMO Lead at PE-backed CPG business
Successful candidate: ex-BCG | Freelance PMO Lead | Transformation
Independent Pricing Consultant at leading PE-backed automotive firm
Successful candidate: ex- KPMG and Simon-Kucher & Partners | Independent Consultant | Pricing