IWG advertised on Movemeon for a Commercial Manager – Leadership Fast-track to join the world’s no. 1 flexible workspace provider, working with senior stakeholders in high-exposure, fast progression role.
This role was viewed by 801 Movemeon members.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Bain & Co.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
IWG has been at the forefront of the flexible workspace revolution for more than 30 years. We have made it possible for organisations and individuals everywhere to take a new approach to the traditional working day. We have over 3,400 locations across over 110 countries allowing millions of people every day to have a great day at work.
Our customers are start-ups, small and medium-sized enterprises, and large multinationals. With unique business goals, people and aspirations, they want workspaces and communities to match their needs. We provide them with choice through our portfolio of brands, covering serviced offices (Regus, Spaces, HQ, Signature and No18), commercial real estate brokerage and managed office solutions.
This position can be filled in Zurich, Munich, London, Barcelona or Amsterdam.
About the Leadership programme
Our CEO wants to build a commercial team full of hungry, ambitious and talented professionals with a view for them to be the leaders of tomorrow and guarantee our future growth.. We’re looking for people with outstanding commercial track records and the proven drive and talent to reach the very top. You will work in a number of different departments (depending on your skills and interests) to broaden your understanding of our business and commercial acumen. Your future growth will be dependent on delivery of outstanding results. The talent programme builds on very successful previous intakes that have collectively delivered an enormous impact on the business and have been rewarded with material pay and career progression.
A summary of the role dimensions is as follows:
- Take responsibility: You are a leader, take responsibility and think in terms of cost, revenue and delivering superior value to our customers
- Be an expert: You are a problem-solver, using data to investigate and understand the market and our customers, product and competition.
- Drive the plan/manage projects: You define the target and manage the delivery. You focus on real progress and have a plan for the months going forward.
- Be precise: You communicate clearly and value clarity. You create collaterals, training, FAQs and papers in precise, comprehensive and accessible language.
- Behave like a leader: You are not just part of the team; you set the course. You are the hub and everyone else takes your direction.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
This position would suit somebody with Senior Associate to Manager level experience. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Graduate with a degree from a top tier institution, ideally trained in a top-tier consulting role
- Outstanding track record of success, you will have outperformed your peer group in not just academia but in extracurricular activities as well e.g. entrepreneurship, sports, music etc.
- Ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- A strong, confident decision-maker with a proactive approach.
- Outstanding leadership skill and a passionate attitude
- Experience of working within a commercial environment at Management level.
- A strong desire to succeed, thriving in a high-pressure environment
- An analytical and innovative thinker with a proven ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic and be a trouble-shooter when the business need deems it appropriate to do so.
Please note that IWG is only accepting applications made directly on our platform Movemeon. There are several job posts for this programme based on location, however please be aware that there is no advantage if you apply for multiple of these roles since there is one hiring manager reviewing all applications for this scheme.
If you’d like to apply for a different location, please click here:
Related Case Studies
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Strategy and Transformation Associate at Upfield
Successful candidates: ex-McKinsey & Company | Associate | Strategy
Senior Commercial Manager at Antelliq
Successful candidates: ex-Accenture | Manager | Strategy