Ocado Zoom advertised on Movemeon for a Commercial Strategy Manager to report to ex-Bain Head of Ocado Zoom strategy & own 2 key P&Ls.
This role was viewed by 886 Movemeon members.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Bain & Company.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
About Ocado Zoom
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for groceries. We depend on innovative technology driven solutions to deliver our world class service. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and join a fast moving and growing business in a dynamic team. We’re growing fast and looking for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help us to keep on innovating.
This role will specifically be working within Ocado Zoom – a brand new website and app from Ocado Retail that delivers groceries to customers within 60 minutes of an order being placed in parts of West London. This is a chance to be part of an exciting and dynamic team to help grow Ocado’s first new grocery proposition since the launch of Ocado.com. Ocado Retail is a fast growing business within a growing sector, and Zoom is set to be a key part of this growth.
Led by the Head of Zoom (ex-Bain and Morrisons) and New Business Director (ex-McKinsey and M&S) our lean team of 8 is punching well above their weight and delivering unprecedented growth and success. In order to continue progressing we need to add additional top-tier talent to the team, alongside our senior analysts, channel development managers and acquisition marketing managers.
As a small team we have the benefit of operating with the speed and flexibility of a startup whilst still having the support of a much larger established business and brand. As we grow, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the team and progress into a management role.
Commercial Strategy Manager
The role will report directly to the Head of Zoom and will be accountable for two key P&L lines.
You will help scale Zoom from the first trial site in West London to a city wide proposition by both creating a roll-out strategy and helping shape the business model for future sites. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Set the correct delivery pricing to maximise total customer orders, and revenue from delivery charges. Creating a strategy to vary delivery charge by order size, time of day, day of week or other metrics as appropriate.
- Own the total cost of delivery, and work with our delivery provider to drive the cost down, whilst maintaining service levels.
- Help shape a roll-out plan for Zoom, including building a model for assessing potential future sites
Ad-hoc consulting style support across the Zoom team, helping tackle ‘key problems’ across the Zoom team, (e.g. help establish a new range strategy, or review effective marketing channel strategy)
What we’re looking for
The role requires a self-starter who is passionate about meeting the needs of the customer, with high levels of energy, enthusiasm and flexibility to adapt to the constantly changing needs of the developing business. The role would ideally suit someone looking to step into a role with real commercial responsibility from a consulting background. Specifically you will have:
- 2+ years in consulting or similar (banking, accounting)
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce, retail or other growth businesses
- Strong academic record, good analytical skills and extensive exposure to business modelling
- Fantastic commercial acumen alongside customer-centric thinking
- Experience working with and leading projects across multiple teams and stakeholders; preferable experience of working with third parties
- Entrepreneurial with an appetite for change and curiosity about all things new
- 7% matched pension
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 26 days holiday, with option to purchase 3 + bank holidays
- 15% off at Ocado and M&S
Location: Hatfield, 20 minutes from London
Salary: £70k-£80k + up to 10% bonus
Related Case Studies
Chief of Staff at OVO Energy
Successful candidate: ex-Strategy& | Manager | Right-hand to Exec/chief of staff
Chief of Staff
We’re all about loving what you do. It’s why we all got into business, right? And our passion is helping small businesses take card payments. It’s our thing. So we’re shaking up the industry.
Special Projects at Funding Cirlce
Successful candidate: ex-Roland Berger | Associate | Strategy