Acasus is a leading boutique strategy consultancy, which helps governments implement transformational reforms in education and health. Often working alongside alongside government officials, the company was founded by two ex-McKinsey consultants.
The successful movemeon member has 6 years experience in consulting, with experience across strategy, branding and org development. He also has a Masters in Public Policy.
About the role
- Supporting the Chief Minister of Punjab (Pakistan)
- Implementing health reform
- Immediate measurable impact on mortality and disease rates
- 2-3 years experience in international consulting
- Experience of living or working in the developing world
- Experience of the public sector or health systems reform
If you are interested, here is the full job description:
Acasus is a consultancy dedicated to helping governments implement transformational reforms in education and health. It is led by two former consultants from McKinsey and Company. We provide teams who work alongside government officials to implement ambitious reforms of education and healthcare systems.
We are currently supporting the Chief Minister of Punjab (Pakistan) to implement a massive reform of the health system. The reform aims to save the lives of 100,000 women and children. Our small team supports the government to make changes which have an immediate measurable impact (months not years) on mortality and disease rates.
We have a full-time team on the ground in Pakistan of 6-7 people. We are looking for experienced consultants who can help lead all or part of the team. The work will involve:
- Supporting government officials to plan and deliver improvements to strengthen immunization coverage, reduce maternal and neo-natal mortality, and improve the functioning of the primary health care system
- Understanding what already works within the system through field work and analysis, documenting good practice, and supporting the government to quickly spread knowledge about what works
- Helping officials understand and use data and technology to drive improvements in front-line services
- Preparing regular updates the Chief Minister and other senior officials
- Coaching and leading more junior team members
This is development work at its best; we do not write reports, conduct extensive analysis, engage in extensive stakeholder syndication we work directly with talented local bureaucrats carefully selected by the Chief Minister for this role to make change happen as fast as possible.
- 2-3 years minimum work experience with a major international consultancy firm working with senior clients; ideally with some experience of the public sector or health systems reform
- Experience of living or working in the developing world (even if relatively brief) is essentia
- Interested in a short term commitment (6 months minimum) or a full-time rol
- Willing to be based in Lahore or Dubai (with significant travel). Lahore is one of the safest cities in Pakistan and far from the troubles which get reported in the media, however, there are still risk
- Fluent in English
Background on Acasus
Acasus is a consultancy dedicated to helping governments implement transformational reforms in education and health. We are currently in our second year and are experiencing rapid growth. In the coming year we expect to commence work on 2-3 more majors reform efforts similar to the one described here. Associates and Project Managers working on our current projects should expect opportunities to work in a range of countries. Further information is available at acasus.com.
Related Case Studies
Renault Group is a 5-brand world class OEM with global presence. Renault is accelerating its transformation to embrace opportunities in emerging strategic fields.
Senior Manager x 2
CIB Consulting is a rapidly growing internal management consultancy team with a unique positioning within BNP Paribas CIB. It offers a credible alternative to external leading consulting firms.
OC&C Strategy Consultants is a leading global strategy consulting firm that brings clear thinking to the most complex issues facing today's management teams.