Faculty hired a Consulting Principal. This role was viewed by 81 Movemeon members and received 39 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at Capgemini.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Faculty is an artificial intelligence company. Our mission is to bring the power of artificial intelligence to everyone. We care about high-impact work that makes a difference to people, organisations and countries. We work across all sectors of the economy, in fields ranging from counter-terrorism, to railway network performance, to marketing optimisation. We work the cutting edge of data science. 100% of our data science team have PhDs, we have research collaborations with UCL and Harvard, and nearly 10% of the UK’s science and maths PhDs apply to our fellowship programme which is Europe’s most elite training programme for applied data science. But this role does not require deep technical knowledge. Our data scientists will own the technical solution – you do not have to. And we have learning in our DNA and will invest heavily in your development, whatever your background and interests.
This is a leadership role within faculty’s Data Science consultancy team. Alongside other Principals you will have responsibility for shaping the direction of the team, developing new business, and overseeing the delivery of data science projects.
You will be responsible for providing high quality advice to C-suite clients on AI Strategy; covering the impact that AI and data science could have on their business and sector, and the practical steps that they need to take in order to capitalise on this. Y
What you’ll do
– Project delivery: oversee a team of elite data scientists to build and deploy cutting edge models that are tailored to meet the needs of your clients. You’ll be the commercial and strategic eyes of the project – helping to maximise the commercial and strategic impact
– Business development: with a commercial and strategic eye, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities, generating leads and building relationships with potential clients. You’ll help them find creative ways to use data science to solve problems, scoping these solutions into deliverable projects, and ultimately converting them into new clients
What we’re looking for
– Have Engagement Manager (or equivalent) experience from a strategy consultancy; technology background is a plus
– Experience of successful business development and project delivery
Be highly credible in dealing with very senior stakeholders, with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to boil down complicated concepts to their essence.
– Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects.
– Have a single-minded focus on client value.
– Be a versatile and practical problem solver.
– Be able to talk persuasively about how AI and data can be used to solve problems, and able to think creatively about how these can be applied to a particular client’s needs.