AnyJunk advertised on Movemeon for a COO, with potential to become CEO of venture within 12 months.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at McKinsey & Company.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
About Any Junk
AnyJunk was founded in 2004 by Jason Mohr, a former Rothschild banker, who quit the City to launch a junk removal business. Starting from a single truck (Jason worked on it for the first 6 months) in London, the business grew steadily to become the nation’s largest man & van rubbish clearance company. In 2016, inspired by developments in the taxi and food delivery sectors, it moved from running our own operations to using technology to partner with local waste businesses. Today the AnyJunk network comprises over 500 trucks and undertakes up to 400 waste collections and skip hire deliveries per day. Specialising in national solutions, its clients include home improvement retailers, insurance companies, housing associations, councils and building contractors.
Alongside our core business, we provide enterprise software solutions to third party organisations (including into the US) and have also recently launched a marketplace app for waste collection, www.lovejunk.com.
How we work
AnyJunk uses Uber style technology to partner with established, local waste businesses all over the UK. Our digital platform matches jobs to the nearest operator with spare capacity who then connects to us via an app as they undertake the work, so we’re able to track what’s happening and keep customers updated in real time. This model reduces distances driven (and therefore cost and carbon footprint) per job, cuts response speeds and, rather than adding trucks to the roads, helps local waste operators grow and use their existing fleet more efficiently.
We are looking for a COO to lead the core business, and drive its growth.
You will work alongside Jason, our founder, and this role will be seen as a stepping stone into the CEO position within 6-12months.
The AnyJunk business has been built to scale. We have revenues of over £10m, and want someone to take this to the next level. You’ll lead a team of 20 people and will initially be responsible for developing and executing against our growth strategy.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Growth: winning, developing and executing growth
- Leading the team: developing, recruiting and motivating the team across the functions (operations, customer success, tech, marketing and sales)
- Key relationships: manage relationships with strategic partners and key customers
- Day-to-day operations: overseeing daily business operations
We’re looking for an ex-top tier consultant (Bain, McKinsey, BCG) with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to scale a business. Specifically, they’ll exhibit:
- Experience in scaling a VC-backed or similar start-up
- Experience in tech enabled logistics
- 2+ years Management Consultancy with top tier firm (Bain, McKinsey, BCG)
- Genuine interest in sustainability
- Potential & ambition to become CEO of this venture within 12 months
- Developing strategic partnerships and corporate accounts with national brands (insurance, home improvement, furniture retailers), social housing organisations, building contractors, and/or the public sector.
Package: £125k-£150k + equity
Location: Putney, SW15 London
Related Case Studies
US Country Lead at Taptap Send
Successful candidate: ex-Rocket Internet | Senior manager | General management
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy