Commuter Club is one of Europe’s hottest FinTech companies disrupting how people borrow money to commute.
They advertised on movemeon for COO role. The successful movemeon member was previously a Senior Consultant at Booz & Company.
About the role:
- Working with the CEO daily to prioritise strategic direction of the business
- Defining and building the core business process to allow for scalability
- Reviewing the product proposition and website
- Job requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience at either a startup, consultancy or operational role
- Ideally experience in fintech or startup
- Looking for their next challenge and will be a generalist by nature
If you are interested here is the full job description:
This is an amazing opportunity to form a key part of one of Europe hottest FinTech companies (FinTech50, Everline Disruptor of the Year). We are looking for a COO to join CommuterClub and work with the founders to build and grow the business in the UK. We are a fun, entrepreneurial and passionate business that is looking to disrupt how people borrow money and commute by making the savings season tickets more afforable. We are backed by industry heavy weights like Peter Jackson (CEO Travelex), Will Becker (founder Totally Money) Anthony Gutman (Co-Head Goldman IBD), Kevin Reynolds (co-founder Brigepoint).
You will have full responsibility to manage the day to day operations of the business, working with the founder to define and deliver on the strategic priorities of the business and with our CTO to improve and build our IT capabilities, provide input on customer acquisition and help improve our product proposition for customer. Expect a challenging but supportive environment where you will learn every day and cover a broad range of activities.
About the role:
As COO you will form an integral part of building the operations of the business and ensuring that CommuterClub can continue to scale.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Working with the CEO daily to prioritise strategic direction of the business, identify issues and implement new initiatives
- Defining and building the core business process to allow for scalability and consistently great customer service
- Reviewing the product proposition and website, and ensuring all interactions with the customer deliver great service and communicate our values
- Assessing and working on new business initiatives in the credit or commuting space
- Build distribution relationships with new distribution partners that will help grow the business
- Hiring new staff and motivating employees to deliver an effective and exciting work environment
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with 2-4 years experience at either a startup, consultancy or operational role. Ideally the candidate will also have experience in the financial services or tech, but this is not a pre-requisite. They will be looking for their next challenge and will be a generalist by nature who wants to get involved in all aspects of the business:
- Strong leadership abilities; ability to influence, motivate and lead a team and scale with the organization
- Strong minded and independent self-starter who will pro-actively take on the challenge of building the operational needs of the business
- Detail oriented individuals who can jump into the weeds while also taking a step back when required to focus on the big picture
- Passionate interest in FinTech and bringing new innovation to the consumer lending space
- Experience ideally in startup or dynamic operational environment where you were happy to problem solve and devise solutions on the go
- A unique experience to be part of a truly exciting, dynamic FinTech start-up in the UK. Things will move fast, and every day will be different but you will be a key part of building a fast growing and innovative organisation.
- Form part of the management team
- Salary and options with real ownership in the success of the company
- Potential step up to Managing Director role within 12 months
Related Case Studies
Right-hand to the CEO
Since 2012, Incopro has provided cutting edge protection against online intellectual property theft.
Right-Hand to FD
Hostmaker is Europe's leading home rentals management company.
Signal turns the world's information into knowledge, helping businesses monitor the world's media by making the unknown, known.