Mail Metro Media hired a Customer Strategy Manager. This role was viewed by 160 Movemeon members and received 12 applications.
The successful Movemeon candidate applied within three days, submitted their application on the 11th June and accepted the offer on the 18th.
The candidate previously worked at Accenture.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Mail METRO Media Newspapers
The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday form a pair of powerhouse brands, which dominate their sectors. Mail Newspapers has increased both market share and total sales with a larger reach than any other news brand.
The Daily Mail is the leading mid-market daily newspaper in the UK. Established in 1896, the brand is as influential as ever and is the leading daily newspaper in the UK. Our journalists and editors pride themselves on getting to the bottom of stories that are most relevant to our readers – with uncompromising integrity and rigour. We give our readers a voice in national and international debates.
The business has driven growth through innovation. E-commerce and digital print, now supplement the traditional press business and revenue across these three business lines are central to the growth strategy.
About the Strategy Team
The Customer Strategy team is comprised of ex-top tier strategy consultants and is a great entry point into the industry. The team reports into the Head of Customer Data and Insight and is accountable for delivering against key strategic projects in the business. The team works closely with senior stakeholders to optimise performance and build the future strategy of Mail Newspapers, its e-commerce brands, and relationship with the rest of dmg media. There is a high level of interaction with the Board and a history of progression into P&L and commercial roles.
The team is responsible for:
- Answering the key strategic questions for the senior management, developing the strategic roadmap
- Delivering analysis and insight to drive new and existing revenue streams
- Optimising operational performance
- Conduct marketing intelligence reports and analysis of competitors to inform strategy
Part of the Marketing department, the Customer Strategy team works on projects across a variety of business units including print circulation revenue (MyMail – Loyalty & Rewards, Promotions, Wholesale & Retail strategy, Sales optimisation), Digital publishing (driving acquisition and retention for Mail Plus) and e-commerce (Mail Travel, Mail Shop, Mail Finance). The team is also tasked with driving innovation within the business whether that be developments in an existing department or a completely new proposition to the business.
Customer Strategy Manager
We are looking for a strategy manager to join the team and report directly to the Head of Insight. There will be one direct report to the Strategy Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead strategic projects and work modules within the marketing department and coordinate with external teams (e.g., Editorial, Tech, dmg media, Advertising) as required
- Assess strategic growth opportunities within current business lines e.g. Print, Mail Travel, Retail, Mail Plus
- Review new revenue opportunities (i.e., e-commerce propositions, subscriptions)
- Drive analytics, working through large data sets and developing financial models where necessary
- Lead innovation in the business and the work on understanding market information (competitor analysis; trends; developments)
- Train and develop junior team members to develop their commercial understanding and analytical skillset
We are looking for an ex-top tier strategy consultant (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman, LEK, OC&C etc.), with 3-5 years experience. They will exhibit:
- Advanced analytics and Excel skills, including financial modelling
- Structured problem-solving approach
- Ability to lead work, projects and teams
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop close relationships to influence a wide array of stakeholders
- Passion for being customer-focused
- A drive to innovate and introduce new ideas
- Knowledge of media sector desirable