CrossBoundary advertised on Movemeon for a Data Associate to join new team helping companies thrive by drawing innovative insights from their data.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at EY-Parthenon.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Data Associate. We are seeking candidates with experience working in data consultancy, with a background in the investment sector preferred.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. CrossBoundary Data Analytics combines domain expertise with advanced analytical methods and techniques to facilitate investment in frontier markets. As a Data Associate, you will be tasked with using data science to inform CrossBoundary’s work providing transaction support to both investors and capital seekers. Associate candidates should have 3+ years of experience working in high caliber data consulting organizations and ideally experience working in developing countries.
Who we are
CrossBoundary operates in frontier markets that also hold immense investment opportunities. The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who you are
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Enthusiasm for growing a nascent business line within an established company
- Willingness to take on new types of work, even without prior experience or direct supervision
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes-challenging environment
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Use data science approaches to advance CrossBoundary’s mission of facilitating investment in frontier markets, working with large, complex data sets to support Advisory projects as well as other CrossBoundary teams internally
- Develop creative new methods to use data for business and investment decision-making and strategy
- Contribute data science solutions to proposals for new work, both in collaboration with Advisory teams and for stand-alone data science consultancy opportunities
- Ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in top tier data consulting, or similar
- Programming experience in at least one of R, Python, SQL
- Experience in geospatial analysis, using ArcGIS or similar
- Experience applying data science methods to business problems, making use of predictiveanalytics, machine learning, and other areas of analysis
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, andthen design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectivelywith diverse audiences unfamiliar with data science
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience working in developing countries; experience in Africa is particularly relevant
- MSc, MBA, or other advanced degrees will be regarded favorably
LocationNairobi, Kenya (preferred); other global CrossBoundary offices will be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to our firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Case Studies
Strategist - Consumer & Retail at This Place
Successful candidate: 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Elixirr
Transformation Consultant at Kantar
Successful candidate: 4 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Strategy&
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy