Naked Wines advertised on Movemeon for a Digital Growth Manager to drive growth as a core member of the Digital team in rapidly-expanding global wine business.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at PwC.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
Naked Wines was founded on the belief that the wine industry is broken and could be so much better. Supermarket purchasing power and the proliferation of middlemen mean that the two most important people – the winemaker and the wine drinker – currently get a bum deal.
At Naked Wines, we do things differently. Our subscribers (known as Angels) invest a monthly amount into their Naked Wines piggybank, which we use to invest upfront and directly in the world’s best independent winemakers. We remove cash flow, sales and marketing concerns so that they can focus on doing what they do best – producing world beating wines. In return, our Angels get exclusive, direct and discounted access to the world’s best independent wines – a virtuous circle where everybody wins.
Naked Wines has a fast growing and loyal subscriber base of half a million Angels across its three markets (UK, USA, AUS), and works with over 200 independent winemakers, producing 1,000+ wines in 17 countries.
Following the group’s rebranding from Majestic Wine PLC to Naked Wines PLC and the disposal of our bricks and mortar Majestic Wine business in 2019, we now have our future in our own hands:
- A singular focus as a pure play online subscription business
- A proven, unique and profitable business model with higher margins than traditional wine companies
- Significant cash in the bank to accelerate our growth ambitions
- Opportunity to establish ourselves as the number 1 direct-to-consumer wine company in all our markets (and a huge opportunity in the USA – a $20 billion addressable market with a rapidly growing DTC segment).
It’s a great time to join an established and successful company with a startup mindset and poised for a new chapter of accelerated growth.
You’ll join a team at the forefront of Naked Wines’ global growth ambitions. Operating at a group level, the Digital Acquisition team is responsible for digital new customer acquisition across all 3 of our businesses (UK, USA, AUS).
This central team was set up 3 years ago to bring true digital expertise in-house and apply learnings across all 3 markets. Previous experience of the team includes OC&C Strategy Consultants, Accenture, SportsPursuit, eHarmony, onefinestay and Credo Consulting.
We are a small, lean, Central London-based team of high-performing, digital experts working across all channels (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Native, Youtube).
Since we began, we have successfully scaled our digital marketing investment into a multimillion pound acquisition pipeline. The team has a remit to invest aggressively over the next 12 months, wherever and however it sees strong ROI, and has aggressive plans to grow this pipeline further.
As one of the company’s top areas for investment, you’ll be at the heart of driving growth over the next 12-48 months. You’ll help us to accelerate our growth plans by:
- Managing and growing multi million pound segments of our BAU investment pipeline, including ongoing analysis and optimisations, campaign launches, working with creative teams to drive forward a high velocity creative test and learn process
- Allocating capital effectively across countries, channels, creative strategies etc. – maximising our spend volume at target ROI.
- Driving significant further growth by identifying and sizing R&D test opportunities (e.g. new channels, new creative strategies), then implementing, analysing, iterating on these – scaling successful ones, deprioritising others.
- Likely ~2-4 years experience in consulting. We prioritise ability, mindset and potential to learn quickly above specific experience. So specific digital marketing expertise is not necessary
- Extremely strong logical and numerical thinker
- Strong problem solver and analyst
- Thrives in a data-driven test-and-learn environment
- Growth obsessed – constantly looking for performance improvement to drive growth
- High appetite to learn through hands-on experience
- A driven and inquisitive nature with a genuine interesting in online marketing
- Organised with a structured approach to work with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated and driven to be part of a smart, insightful and first-rate marketing team
- Willing to think outside the box and diverge from best practice if it provides a faster route to growth
- Not afraid to get hands dirty with campaign execution – we are a lean team
- Strong Excel skills and computer literacy are a necessity.
- 2.1 or better from top tier University
- Existing right to work in the UK
Our offer to you:
- Working for a truly differentiated brand, revolutionary and insurgent within the wine industry, as well as helping to power our successful US expansion – not many UK startups can claim that!
- Real training, real expertise – we are not just subcontracting out to agencies. We are building a team of in-house experts who know digital marketing inside out.
- Genuine innovation – we are one of the most innovative groups within the company. We’re also not afraid to diverge from digital marketing “best practice” and have often seen wildly successful results when doing so.
- Impact – we are one of the biggest future growth levers for the company.
- Multichannel experience – you will learn how to maximise customer acquisition via Facebook, Instagram, Google, Native, Display, YouTube and more
- Comprehensive package including £50-60k p.a. base salary (depending on experience), extremely competitive annual performance-related bonus, long term incentive plan share scheme, generous pension, £400 p.a. wine credit
- Reporting directly to Global Head of Digital Marketing and based in central London
Related Case Studies
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy
Chief of Staff at OVO Energy
Successful candidate: ex-Strategy& | Manager | Right-hand to Exec/chief of staff
Chief of Staff
We’re all about loving what you do. It’s why we all got into business, right? And our passion is helping small businesses take card payments. It’s our thing. So we’re shaking up the industry.