HelloFresh SE is an international publicly traded meal-kit company based in Berlin, Germany. It is the largest meal-kit provider in the United States, and also has operations in Canada, Western Europe, and Australia.
They advertised on Movemeon for a Director of Product Development.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Monitor Deloitte.
An in-depth description of the role
As the world’s leading meal kit provider, we serve more than 13 million meals per month to over 1.3 million customers in 10 countries across 3 continents. HelloFresh supplies everything you need to prepare quality, delicious, home-cooked meals that require no planning, no shopping and no hassle.
Every ingredient needed for our thousands of exclusive recipes is carefully planned, locally sourced and delivered to your door when it’s most convenient for you. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals – we are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online – food and grocery.
Team and benefits
Our people and culture are the most important part of our company and define how we work. We operate in an egoless environment, where we want you to speak up and challenge the status quo and cherish our flat hierarchies and diversity. We also value those with a mindset that learning never stops, who always seek to better themselves and those around them, and those who work in a data-driven way, because data is our vehicle to learn and to make decisions.
Outside of the work itself, we enjoy tons of cultural events, flexible working hours, and free food in the office (including breakfast every day and desk beers every Friday)!
What you’ll do
- Own the development of our current product range: the best-selling recipe boxes in the UK
- Own new product development for the UK, working hard to envision and launch the products that will underpin the next stages of our growth
- Lead our New and Existing Product development, Customer research and Recipe development teams for the UK
- Lead local market research and development to derive customer insights and ensure we continue to evolve our existing products that meet real customer needs.
- Lead complex cross-functional projects, bringing Marketing, Research, Operations, Recipe Development & Tech together to make sure that ideas are well executed, provide great customer experiences and impact the bottom line.
- Work closely with the global HelloFresh team to coordinate on product vision, product development, market testing, online and mobile product delivery, pricing and UX and make sure the UK benefits from best practices and insights from other HelloFresh markets
- Ensure our recipe development not only delivers on our brand promises and product propositions in an effective and efficient way but leads the market in terms of innovation and fresh thinking to create meals and variety our customers love
Who you are
- You have a good degree from a first class university.
- You have experience working for a top-flight strategy consultancy firm and/or in product development or strategy for a well-recognised consumer products business, with demonstrable success on researching and analysing markets and/or conceptualising, developing and launching new products – ideally both
- Ideally, you have some additional experience working for an online consumer brand.
- You are well-versed with web-based consumer behaviour and UX and love delightful customer experiences
- You have a strong commercial understanding. Previous exposure to marketing/product marketing would be a strong plus
- You have previously worked with customer research functions
- You offer leadership and have the ability to lead and manage and motivating diverse skill sets to deliver on longer-term projects as well as day to day operations
- You’re a great facilitator for the range of creative ideas that other people in your team and the wider business have.
- You are extremely analytical and process-driven and can instil strong practices with your team.
- You are happy to own business metrics and be held accountable for product-relate KPIs, able to demonstrate previous delivery against numerical or commercial KPIs would be a plus
- You can prove successfully landing a customer-first strategic approach to your Product.
- You are a great collaborator and would work well with teams locally and abroad
- You can contribute to the leadership and direction of the wider HelloFresh team and culture