Faculty hired an Engagement Manager.
The successful candidate previously worked at Deloitte.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
faculty is an artificial intelligence company based in London. Although we are a young company, we have completed over 300 commercial engagements to date. We work across all sectors of the economy, and our clients range from small startups to international brands and Government departments. In recent work;
- We built counter-terrorism software for the UK Government that can sift through millions of online videos per-day and detect terrorist propaganda with an accuracy of 99.995%.
- We built a machine learning model to help railway signal controllers predict the emergence of delays on the train network 50% more accurately than they were previously able to.
- We built a fraud detection model that captured 93% of the fraud that the client’s previous system missed.
- We helped a leading human rights charity to build Natural Language Processing capability to track and measure the sentiment of its media coverage in real time.
We have deep technical expertise. 100% of our Data Scientists have PhDs from leading universities, and we have research partnerships with Harvard and UCL focused on the cutting edge of machine learning. Current team members have come from Accenture, McKinsey, Oracle, UCL and the No.10 Policy Unit.
From a commercial perspective, you will help design and deliver cutting edge problem solving across a wide range of industries. From a technical perspective, you will be immersed in applied Artificial Intelligence techniques through your work, working hand in glove with elite Data Scientists, and you will be able to join data science workshops and seminars that take place almost every day.
You will work as a member of high performing project teams led by Commercial Principals. You will work across all aspects of our work, and will take day to day responsibility for leading key work strands. These will vary from case to case but will most likely include:
- Project management. You will own end-to-end project delivery from structuring project plans, to ensuring the delivery approach brings maximum value to the client. You will also be responsible for working with technical teams and ensuring that projects run smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Business development. You will lead research and due diligence into new commercial opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
- Client communications. You will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day communications with clients are smooth and well planned.
- Research. You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research in a wide variety of different fields that are relevant to our work (for example, how behavioural science could be applied to a particular problem).
- Problem solving. You will help design smart ways in which faculty can help clients to solve their problems across a wide range of different disciplines and sectors.
This is a role with significant opportunities for progression. We expect Associates to learn quickly, and we commit to supporting their development. There will be opportunities to take on responsibility for business development and the delivery of projects from an early stage.
- Have 3+ years experience in professional services, ideally from a consulting, technology or data background
- Be highly credible in dealing with senior stakeholders, with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to boil down complicated concepts to their essence.
- Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects. This role does not require deep technical knowledge. Our data scientists will own the technical solution – you do not have to. But it does require enough understanding of data science techniques and the value they bring to spot opportunities, help clients think them through, and to credibly enable their delivery.
- Have a single minded focus on client value.
- Be a versatile and practical problem solver.
- Be able to talk persuasively about how AI and data can be used to solve problems, and able to think creatively about how these can be applied to a particular client’s needs.
Questions to answer:
- Why are you applying to work at Faculty?
- Why do you want to work in data science?
- What are three things you want to learn from this role?
- Flexibility: Unlimited holiday and support for flexible and family friendly working.
- A learning culture. faculty has a deeply embedded culture of learning, with regular training in business skills and the latest data science techniques, tools, and technologies.
- A high performing and friendly team: The team is highly-educated and high performing, but also a bunch of friendly people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Autonomy: The freedom to shape the role in your image, and the support to advance as ambitiously as you wish.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up.
- Interesting and high impact work: We work with the cutting edge of AI right across the economy, and deliberately blend highly commercial work with high social impact work.