FLOWERBX advertised on Movemeon for a Global Operations Director to work with the executive team, define and deliver the operational strategy at this early-stage global start-up.
This role was viewed by 522 Movemeon members.
The successful Movemeon professional has 4 years of relevant experience working for HelloFresh.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
FLOWERBX Founder and CEO, Whitney Bromberg Hawkings, started the company in 2015 after working for Tom Ford for almost 2 decades. FLOWERBX has since catered to the fashion cognoscenti and tastemakers across all territories, being dubbed recently by the New York Times as “Fashion’s Florist.”
In 2018 we closed a GBP4.2 million (USD5.5m) fundraising round with our focus now on Series A funding in late 2020 to further our US expansion. As well as our unique online offering, we also pride ourselves on our bespoke client services; supplying flowers for international luxury companies such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Vogue and Farfetch (to name a few), with FLOWERBX’s signature style at the essence of each creation.
This is a pivotal time to join FLOWERBX and make a tangible impact on our growth and expansion. We can only do this with the strongest team full of disruptive, smart, energetic and hard-working talent.
An in-depth description of the role
- CAPEX and OPEX budget responsibility for ~£3m, including headcount, stock, and general warehouse inventory, which is expected to double in 3 years
- Act as the operational lead as FLOWERBX launch the next wave of key cities in the USA and Middle East. Operational accountability for the successful launch of each city
- Lead “special projects”, which drive financial and operational performance improvements
- Build and optimise scalable processes to prepare FLOWERBX for growth, which deliver an excellent and consistent customer experience
- Use data to improve decision-making, drive productivity gains and impact business outcomes across new and existing territories
- Develop strategic supply chain partnerships and negotiate commercial terms at a global level
- Manage critical vendor relationships and building performance tracking systems
- Proactively search for new features and capabilities to provide a seamless customer experience across all territories
- Lead the development of FLOWERBX’s environmentally friendly packaging and low carbon distribution
You have worked in an operational team in a start-up and rapidly scaled a business across multiple territories, including the delivery of new infrastructure (e.g. distribution centres/warehouses).
Other requirements include:
- Problem solver, adaptable to change, and ability to execute quickly
- Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate tactical action
- Proven experience of building and leading engaged and high performing teams, who live and breathe the FLOWERBX culture and values
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound commercial judgment, who uses analytical thinking to assess project performance and financial viability
- A strong project manager who can create detailed execution plans for large-scale projects, and deliver them to plan regardless of any surprises or ambiguity along the way
- A creative mindset that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite the risk of failure
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, who can quickly build relationships with external partners, couriers and internal stakeholders
- Ideas and solution-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
Related Case Studies
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy
Chief of Staff at OVO Energy
Successful candidate: ex-Strategy& | Manager | Right-hand to Exec/chief of staff
Chief of Staff
We’re all about loving what you do. It’s why we all got into business, right? And our passion is helping small businesses take card payments. It’s our thing. So we’re shaking up the industry.