This role was viewed by 329 Movemeon members and received 145 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at McKinsey.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
At fram^ we create, develop and digitalize companies. What sets us apart from most other early-stage investors and company builders is our relentless focus on profitability and cost discipline – we are firm believers that great early-stage companies do not have to sacrifice profitability for growth. We have established a methodology of company building where all our ventures must reach significant revenues within 6 months from launch and establish profitability within 24 months from launch. Every venture is researched in-depth and passes a rigorous investment committee.
fram^ currently has 9 ventures in its investment portfolio:
- Carmudi Vietnam – leading car classified site in Vietnam (acquired from Rocket Internet in 2017 )
- SmartBuddy Vietnam – price comparison website for finance and insurance products
- SmartBuddy Sri Lanka – price comparison website for finance and insurance products
- Nordic Coder – A coding academy with online and offline courses in Vietnam
- Lasluz – A curated digital market place connecting the best tutors with students in Vietnam
- DragonLend – A venture specialized in providing capital to small companies in Vietnam typically excluded from traditional lending
- Buildde – A home improvement market place in Vietnam
- Bidbuddy – An online auction platform for second-hand items in Vietnam
- Eve – An online employee loyalty platform giving businesses the tools they need to keep their workforce happy and healthy by leveraging partnerships with brands and retailers
- “Weddie” – An online marketplace for weddings in Vietnam
Leveraging our unique mix of the leadership’s long track record of successful company building, our world-class inhouse IT-engineering talent pool, as well as the cost-efficient landscape of South East Asia – we have established a proven platform for making our tough targets materialize. The management, board and investment committee of fram^ has over six decades of joint experience of starting, running and growing successful companies in emerging markets. Together we will be building the next digital industry leaders in the emerging economies of South East Asia!
- Experience in scaling products or companies
- Leadership experience
- Able to face daily failures and constantly reiterate to improve
- High pain threshold
- Work independently and be extremely resourceful
- You should be an all-rounder willing to roll your sleeves up across all aspects of the business
Nice to have
- Experience from emerging markets
What you get
- A proven methodology for establishing and growing an emerging market venture from scratch
- A proven business model
- Technical infrastructure and top calibre supervision
- Exciting work location (visa will be provided)
- Generous shares in your venture as well as a salary of approx. 60k USD (which goes a very long way in South East Asia)
- Never ever a boring day
- You will have the opportunity to impact millions of people’s lives
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Private investment fund hired a Strategy Associate (Freelance)
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: Private investment fund
Re-Set hired a Consultant
Candidate: 3.5 years of relevant experience. Company: strategic innovation consultancy
Fixter hired a Business Analyst
Candidate: previously worked at Deloitte. Company: Series A startup