A virtual media/marketing company advertised on Movemeon for a Freelance Consultant to work directly with the CEO & Founder.
The successful Movemeon candidate perviously worked at Strategy&.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
Start date: on or around 14 September
Project length: 3 months initial project – with possible opportunity to stay on longer
Location: Remote or near Oxford, with occasional meetings in UK
Day rate: On experience; c. £300-400
- Creating licensing packages: The company is embarking on the licensing of various of its brands/media assets to blue chip corporates/professional service firms, likely to be adopted as in-house marketing tools (not dissimilar to the EY Entrepreneur of the Year with FT, the LDC Top 50 with Telegraph or GP Bullhound Northern Tech Awards 100 supported by Insider Media)
- Crafting PowerPoint presentations: Individual sell-side pitch presentations for the company’s brands/media assets are being prepared and will need to be highly tailored or re-drafted for meetings with potential licensees
- Managing and tailoring pitches: You will lead on managing all sell-side materials (teasers, IMs and deal proposals); crafting and tailoring materials for different buyer/licensee groups; and writing and meticulously inputting detailed hand-written edits from the founder into crucial follow-up proposals
- Meeting research preparation & writing follow-up proposals: You will attend meetings alongside the founder/CEO with senior decision makers of potential buyers/licensees; lead on researching and prepping the founder in advance of meetings; and manage all meeting follow-ups including drafting all follow-up deal proposals
- There may be an opportunity to stay on beyond the project and get involved with the creation and running of a business angel co-investing network
We are looking for a skilled and hard-working associate/senior associate-level individual with credible sell-side corporate finance experience and/or experience selling licensing rights who brings:
- ~3-6 years’ work experience in either corporate finance, investment banking or creating IP and selling licenses to blue chips
- Demonstrable successful sell-side skills and experience
- Knowledge of the UK private company sector
- Mixture of top-level strategic thinking; and ability to write and to present a clear narrative supported by relevant information and financials
- Level of maturity to be able to work independently and remotely with limited guidance/ oversight
- Numerate and commercially savvy about company and asset valuations
- Experienced PowerPoint and Word user
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Strategy and Transformation Associate at Upfield
Successful candidates: ex-McKinsey & Company | Associate | Strategy
Commercial Manager - Leadership Fast-track at IWG
Successful candidates: ex Bain & Co | Associate | Strategy