RE_SET advertised on Movemeon for a Freelance Consultant to work at the centre of a household name business, repositioning their strategy & vision in response to COVID-19.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Accenture.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
RE_SET is a boutique strategic innovation consultancy. We work at Board level to assess and activate value created through business disruption and innovation. Project work varies greatly, from short PE due diligences (e.g. evaluating new players looking to transform their market), to long-term innovation transformation programmes (e.g. large corporates needing to re-invent their business through an agile and innovative cultural change project). Our clients so far span multiple industries, including travel & tourism, property, retail, financial services and the public sector.
A key pillar of our business mission, and one of our differentials, is the fact that sustainability underpins our business: we are a 1% for the Planet business and a pending B Corp. We’re about driving positive change and creating real value – for the world, our clients and for us. This is core to our day-to-day values and is used to determine the projects we run – if a project is not striving to bring about this positive change, we won’t do it.
- Owning workstreams and managing elements of the project, with a balance of guidance and autonomy
- Planning, structuring and delivering project research, analysis and recommendations in the form of written deliverables, client meetings and workshops
- Running client meetings and facilitating project workshops between small stakeholder groups
- Leading qualitative research and output creation, including the follow-ups of workshops, interviews with client and market experts and when shaping and detailing the new proposition
What We Look For
- Previous excellent delivery in a professional services role, with a strong track record of achieving great results
- A smart, energetic and creative thinker who can generate big-picture inspirational ideas and solutions, all whilst maintaining structure and a focus on the details
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own time and workload, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 years of consulting work experience (as a generalist, strategy consultant or retail expert). Although this may increase at other levels we are searching for.
- Top quartile academic record in any discipline
- Perfect command of English, both written and oral
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to structure and develop quantitative excel models and analysis, to generate data-driven results and recommendations. Ability to structure, create and present top quality presentations.
- Digitally savvy and able to fluently converse in key business concepts
- Comfortable interacting one-on-one with clients and building new professional relationships quickly
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial experience, having either setup, or participated, in early stage startups or run their own business or society
- Experience in retail projects / strategic proposition design
- Day rate: Varies by level and depending on experience (4 – 5 days per week). Please state your rate and number of days in your application.
- Location: Combination of remote as well as Re_Set / client offices as guidelines allow
- Perks: Start-up office culture, the best work-life balance you will see in consulting, weekly team lunch, regular office drinks, option to work from home on Fridays, exciting and meaningful project
Related Case Studies
Strategist - Consumer & Retail at This Place
Successful candidate: 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Elixirr
Transformation Consultant at Kantar
Successful candidate: 4 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Strategy&
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy