This leading research and events company advertised on Movemeon for a Freelance Consultant for a 3-month project.
This role was viewed by 520 Movemeon members.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at KPMG.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Start date: on or around 1 July
Project length: 3 months initial project – with possible opportunity to stay on longer
Location: Remotely from UK
Day rate: On experience; c. £350-400
- The key task is to prepare individual sell-side pitch presentations for the sale of the company’s brands/media assets company to blue chip investors/ professional service firms
- Assets are not dissimilar to the EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Deloitte Fast 50 and GP Bullhound Northern Tech Awards 100
- You will lead on the preparation of these tailored sell-side pitches, which are aimed at senior decision makers
- We will be pitching to potential buyers interested in acquiring or licensing these assets, likely to be adopted as in-house business development/ marketing tools
- Likely buyers include venture/ growth capital firms, accountancy firms, corporate banks or boutique investment banks
- The project scope does not focus on the identification of potential buyers – which has been largely completed – nor does it require fronting the pitches
- There may be an opportunity to stay on beyond the initial project scope and get involved with the professionalisation of a business angel co-investing network
We are looking for an associate/ senior associate-level individual with credible sell-side corporate finance and/ or M&A experience who brings:
- ~3-6 years’ work experience in either corporate finance or investment banking with demonstrable successful sell-side experience
- Knowledge of the UK private company sector
- Mixture of top-level strategic thinking and clear presentation of relevant information and financials
- Level of maturity to be able to work independently and remotely with limited guidance/ oversight
- Numerate and commercially savvy about company and asset valuations and the use of Excel
- Ability to write succinctly and presents information clearly in PowerPoint and Word
Related Case Studies
UK Healthcare - CDD Consultant at leading strategy consultancy
Successful candidate: L.E.K. alum | Analyst | Strategy
Life Sciences - CDD Consultant at leading strategy consultancy
Successful candidate: McKinsy & Co. alum | Analyst | Strategy
Life Sciences Consultant (Freelance) at leading boutique in the life sciences space
Successful candidate: Monitor Deloitte alum | Associate | Strategy