BIMA is one of the leading mHealth companies in the developing world with over 1 million active customers, and growing fast across Africa, Asia and LatAm.
They advertised on Movemeon for a Global Head of mHealth Operations position. This role was viewed by 213 Movemeon members and received 20 applications.
The successful member previously worked at Bain.
An in-depth description of the role
BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world. We use disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and health services to consumers at the bottom of the pyramid, on an unprecedented scale. In just six years, we’ve built a customer base of over 26 million subscribers in 15 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The company is led by a dynamic group of entrepreneurs who are committed to disrupting the traditional insurance industry and democratizing access to vital services for billions of under-served families around the globe. In addition to being a recognized leader in innovation and inclusion, BIMA is one of the most attractive emerging market and insurance tech investment opportunities in the world.
Joining BIMA at this stage provides an opportunity for you to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one.
We have brought together top-quality talent from the worlds of consultancy, development, technology, telecoms, health and finance to create a company like no other. Personality is just as important to us as experience; we are looking for intelligent, ambitious and adventurous individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment without ego. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of fastest-growing Impact and Tech companies at a really exciting time in its journey. We are looking to build up our Global team with smart people who are ambitious, work well independently and in teams, are not looking to be behind a desk all day and are passionate about working in a company aiming to improve the lives of millions at the grass-root level.
Reporting directly to the Global COO, this role will be critical in delivering on our hugely ambitious plans over the next few years. It is a great opportunity to take on operational and commercial responsibilities in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
BIMA is one of the leading mHealth companies in the developing world with over 1 million active customers, and growing fast across Africa, Asia and LatAm. We are building a really exciting set of mHealth products and services including telemedicine consultations, hospital appointment bookings, medicine discounts and delivery and Health content & tips.
The Global Head of mHealth Operations is responsible for ensuring that we build a world-class, scaleable operation that delivers our target customer experience by:
- Working with our local teams to build capability and create world-class mHealth operations including Telemedicine consultations, hospital appointment booking services, pharmaceutical discounts and delivery and Health content
- Maintaining and improving the Standard Operating Procedures for mHealth, which is “how” we will deliver the product and customer journeys as defined by the Product team
- Agreeing on global metrics and targets for operational activities
- Monitoring performance of the local markets, and working with them on improvement plans
- Ensuring consistent, quality delivery of mHealth operations globally
We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is looking to make a real difference in the world. You will be a highly organised, creative, diligent leader and able to deliver on projects independently. We can offer in return a fast-paced and exciting work environment where you will be challenged every day.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive customer operations experience including a track record of implementing scaleable operational processes and systems
- Experience of creating and leading cross-functional teams in multiple geographies
- Medical qualifications are a bonus but not essential for the right candidate
- Strong leadership abilities: Ability to influence and motivate a global organization and manage a diverse range of stakeholders
- A passionate interest in using innovation to fuel financial and health inclusion – by disrupting the global insurance and health industries
- Experience ideally in a startup or dynamic operational environment where you were happy to problem solve and devise solutions on the go
- A love of travel….
BIMA has a very distinct culture. We like people who are smart and independent, but we don’t like ego. We share our ideas as readily as we do our opinions, and are respectful when doing so. We are driven and ambitious but most importantly we never lose our sense of humour.
Everyone in the BIMA team shares a passion for adventure. We look for bold people who love to travel, experience different cultures and try new things.
Related Case Studies
Operations Principal at Via
Successful candidate: ex-Goldman Sachs | Senior Manager / Director | Operations
Head of Operations at So Energy
Successful candidate: strong operations background | Manager | Operations
Entrepreneur in Residence at HelloFresh
Successful candidate: ex-Parthenon Group | Associate | Strategy