BIMA launched its first mobile health service in 2014: an innovative telephonic doctor’s consultation service that provides low-income customers efficient access to medical advice. Just two years later, we are now offering this service in five countries across the globe.
They were looking for a Global Health Manager. The successful movemeon member had 2 years’ experience at McKinsey as practice expert and had founded his own business in healthcare. He was also fluent in three languages.
About the role
- Develop BIMA’s overall health services strategy
- Identify new mobile health services and business model opportunities
- Identify, design, and help to implement the systems and platforms
- 5 years experience in implementation / operations in the healthcare sector
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills
- Experience working in emerging markets is a plus
If you are interested, here is the full job description:
BIMA launched its first mobile health service in 2014: an innovative telephonic doctorâ€™s consultation service that provides low-income customers efficient access to medical advice. Just two years later, we are now offering this service in five countries across the globe. Going forward, BIMA is looking further expand the global reach of this service and to develop new, disruptive mobile health services.
The Global Health Manager will play an instrumental role in the development of BIMAâ€™s health services portfolio. They will be responsible for building the platform required to enable the current telephonic doctor’s consultation service to scale and for developing and implementing new mobile health services with existing Country Managers in BIMA’s markets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop BIMA’s overall health services strategy and identify new mobile health services and business model opportunities in existing BIMA markets;
- Create excel models and business plans to support the development of these mobile health services products and business models;
- Identify, design, and help to implement the systems and platforms required to enable BIMAâ€™s existing mobile health services to further scale;
- Ensure regulatory compliance across markets;
- Negotiate with regulators and other partners, where relevant;
- Work with Country Managers to lead the implementation of new mobile health services;
- Support the sharing of best practices across markets;
- Extensive travel required; upon launching new health services significant time will be spent in BIMA’s local markets.
Overall, this person must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. The ability to manage ambiguity and think analytically and quickly in a fast-paced environment is essential. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial and creative person with strong management skills. As well as:
- Fluency in English is required, comfort in French and/or Spanish is a plus;
- 5 years minimum work experience within an implementation/operational role in the healthcare sector, experience with mHealth and telemedicine services is a plus;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills;
- Experience working in emerging markets is a plus;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, or related advanced degree is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and successfully manage external and internal stakeholders in a multicultural context.
Related Case Studies
Chief Commercial Officer
Babylon is home to the largest collection of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers. They are working on making healthcare delivery affordable and accessible.
Head of Marketing Strategy
Funding Circle is the world's leading lending marketplace exclusively focused on small businesses with more than $1 billion lent.
Director of Product Development
HelloFresh, based in Berlin, Germany, is the largest meal-kit provider in the United States, and also has operations in Canada, Western Europe, and Australia.