FLOWERBX advertised on Movemeon for a Global Operations Director to define and deliver FLOWERBX’s operational strategy to enable the 3-year vision, including global expansion to 5 new cities by 2021.
This role was viewed by 523 Movemeon members and received 39 applications.
The successful candidate has extensive startup operations experience.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Who We Are
FLOWERBX Founder and CEO, Whitney Bromberg Hawkings, started the company in 2015 after working for Tom Ford for almost 2 decades. FLOWERBX has since catered to the fashion cognoscenti and tastemakers across all territories, being dubbed recently by the New York Times as “Fashion’s Florist.”
In 2018 we closed a GBP4.2 million (USD5.5m) fundraising round with our focus now on Series A funding in late 2020 to further our US expansion. As well as our unique online offering, we also pride ourselves on our bespoke client services; supplying flowers for international luxury companies such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Vogue and Farfetch (to name a few), with FLOWERBX’s signature style at the essence of each creation.
This is a pivotal time to join FLOWERBX and make a tangible impact on our growth and expansion. We can only do this with the strongest team full of disruptive, smart, energetic and hard-working talent.
Our Company Culture
At FLOWERBX we believe in exceptional service which transcends all areas of our business. You will be joining a team who have a shared ambition and passion. We believe in transparency and collaboration which creates a unique environment where innovative and entrepreneurial thinking is celebrated. Being a start-up means we are all hands-on, regardless of level, and we work tirelessly towards a common goal, united in success. Get ready to roll up your sleeves!
You may have worked for a larger company but without the chance to really make a difference or impact growth. We are team-orientated and encourage curiosity and input from our employees. This environment requires flexibility, resilience and a work ethic than can respond fluidly to the needs of our customers.
All employees will receive an Apple Mac and have time to relax, connect and brainstorm with the team at our monthly office lunch. You will have a day-off for your birthday, a monthly flower subscription, discounted products, and time off to support your favourite charity.
Our offices and florists are located together so we feel, breathe and live our product regardless of the function.
You will join a team of impressive industry leaders who are not just employees but also brand ambassadors who constantly endeavour to spread the word and vision of FLOWERBX.
- CAPEX and OPEX budget responsibility for ~£3m, including headcount, stock, and general warehouse inventory, which is expected to double in 3 years
- Act as the operational lead as FLOWERBX launch the next wave of key cities in the USA and Middle East. Operational accountability for the successful launch of each city
- Lead “special projects”, which drive financial and operational performance improvements
- Build and optimise scalable processes to prepare FLOWERBX for growth, which deliver an excellent and consistent customer experience
- Use data to improve decision-making, drive productivity gains and impact business outcomes across new and existing territories
- Develop strategic supply chain partnerships and negotiate commercial terms at a global level
- Manage critical vendor relationships and building performance tracking systems
- Proactively search for new features and capabilities to provide a seamless customer experience across all territories
- Lead the development of FLOWERBX’s environmentally friendly packaging and low carbon distribution
You have worked in an operational team in a start-up, and rapidly scaled a business across multiple territories, including the delivery of new infrastructure (e.g. distribution centres / warehouses). Other requirements include:
- Problem solver, adaptable to change, and ability to execute quickly
- Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate tactical action
- Proven experience of building and leading engaged and high performing teams, who live and breathe the FLOWERBX culture and values
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound commercial judgment, who uses analytical thinking to assess project performance and financial viability
- Strong project manager who can create detailed execution plans for large-scale projects, and deliver them to plan regardless of any surprises or ambiguity along the way
- Creative mindset that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, who can quickly build relationships with external partners, couriers and internal stakeholders
- Ideas and solution oriented
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
Related Case Studies
Global Project Manager at BIMA
Successful candidates: previously worked at Baringa Partners | Manager | Project Management
2x Product Managers at eConsult
Successful candidates: 8years of product management experience | Senior Manager | Product Management
Operations Principal at Via
Successful candidate: ex-Goldman Sachs | Senior Manager / Director | Operations