Go Compare advertised on Movemeon looking for a consulting professional to drive M&A and Commercial Partnership strategy working closely with Executives to shape future of business.
This role recieved 114 view and 16 applications – the successful candidate previously worked at L.E.K. and has a background in due diligence, private equity, growth and entrepreneurial exposure.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
GoCompare is a comparison website that enables people to compare the costs and features of a wide variety of insurance policies, financial products and energy tariffs. When we launched in 2006, we were the first comparison site to focus on displaying policy details rather than just listing prices, with the aim of helping people to make better-informed decisions when buying their insurance. We’ve remained dedicated to helping people choose the most appropriate products rather than just the cheapest, and has teamed up with Defaqto, the independent financial researcher, to integrate additional policy information into a number of its insurance comparison services.
GoCompare is one of the most iconic internet companies in the UK. The price comparison website focused on insurance and financial services that save customers money every year in insurance premiums and finance costs. We recently floated on the London Stock Exchange with a valuation of over £400m. With a new senior management team in place and a history of profitable growth, we are looking for talented strategists to invest in order to drive the business forward, by building new technologies, partnering with other businesses and growth through acquisitions.
About the team
The team has a broad remit spanning internal strategy, venture capital investments and corporate development / M&A and works very closely with the executive management team including the CEO and the Board.
You will join a small team of enthusiastic and driven individuals transforming and continuing to build this half a billion pound business. The team already has a number of ex-consultants, and you will be reporting into an ex-OC&C consultant, who then helped work on transforming Argos.
Strategy and Investments Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a top-tier strategy consultant to take a leading role in our Strategy & Investments team at what is a very exciting time for GoCompare.
We are looking for an ex-strategy consultant to help drive our investment and commercial partnership approach. This is a critical role in the business, working closely with executives to help deliver against our growth strategy.
Given the high level of exposure, and critical nature of the role, they’ll be high potential for fast progression. You will also have a big impact on the future of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides high quality deliverables backed up by in-depth research and robust analysis to support all aspects of Group Corporate Development including but not limited to:
- Building robust business plans and models.
- Various pieces of M&A related analysis including commercial due diligence and valuation.
- Providing considered investment and M&A recommendations.
- Analysing opportunities for tactical growth / operational improvements for Group brands.
- Highly organised to lead workstreams under the supervision of the VP:
- Sourcing, screening and analysis of potential investment, M&A or partnership opportunities.
- Project management of M&A and minority investment transaction processes spanning multiple stakeholders (external legal counsel, accountants, financial advisors etc.).
- Be the initial point of contact for potential strategic partners.
- Assist in the management of historical investments.
We’re looking for an ex-consultant with 4-6 years experience. They will ideally exhibit the following:
- 3-5 years relevant professional work experience in Corporate Development /Strategy Consulting / Investment Banking from leading institutions including CDD
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a genuine passion for technology and entrepreneurship.
- Prioritise attention to detail in all deliverables and highly numerate.
- Capacity to simultaneously deliver multiple projects in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to perform leadership roles, work independently and as an excellent team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent strategic and financial acumen.
- Experience in one or more areas of strategy consulting, corporate development, investment banking or venture capital in the TMT or financial sectors.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint to analyse and communicate business concepts and outputs in the most clear and compelling manner
Our offer to you
The role will pay a basic salary of £70,000 – £80,000, and will offer the following in the compensation package:
- Competitive bonus up to 30%
- Company share scheme
- Pension (Matched up to 6 %)
- Private healthcare
- Buy and sell holidays
We pride ourselves on our high performing, supportive culture. We’re efficient to allow everyone to work standard 9-5pm hours and are constantly providing training and constructive feedback to ensure we’re all performing to the highest possible level. That said, we think mistakes are a big part of improving, as a company and individuals, and endeavour to make a culture where mistakes are always seen in a positive light.
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.