This role was viewed by 186 Movemeon members and received 43 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at McKinsey.
This company was supported by Nick, Co-Founder of Movemeon.
An in-depth description of the role
Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions? Are you seeking new challenges? This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Can you bring together the right balance of problem-solving rigour, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions? As a Manager in the Strategy team, you will directly support and influence key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization.
As a Manager in the Strategy team you are responsible for:
• Owning and driving specific project modules, under the guidance of the Strategy management team
• Conducting high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses
• Formulating actionable strategy recommendations
• Contributing to running and improving the Strategy department
The Strategy team works on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee, in close collaboration with Philips Businesses and Markets.
An example of a typical project in HealthTech is to identify growth opportunities in the global Clinical Informatics market. In this space, the customer and the competitive landscape is evolving rapidly. To address this opportunity, a combined strategy, business and market team identified and mapped the best value creation opportunities for Philips. The team assessed opportunities across a wide range of geographies in order to recommend organic and inorganic growth options. As a result, a newly formed Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services business group received full Executive Committee support for an ambitious growth strategy, significantly expanding the Philips footprint in the Clinical Informatics arena.
Structured around 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Boston, Shanghai and Singapore, the Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
· Highly competitive salary plus relocation expenses
· Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
· Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
· Solid company pension scheme
· Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
· 25 days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
We are looking for
A talented Strategy Manager with:
· At least 2 years of recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Roland Berger, etc.)
· Alternatively, 3 to 6 years in new business development or strategy with a top-tier international company or 3 to 6 years in a private equity or venture capital firm
· International business experience
· Excellent academic track record
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Willingness to travel (25%)
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.