Double H Nurseries advertised on Movemeon for a Growth & Innovation Manager to act as right hand to the Operations Director of established & rapidly growing plants distribution & ecommerce business.
The successful Movemeon member had extensive experience in sports consultancy.
HIRING FOR A SIMILAR POSITION? CONTACT US HERE
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
About the opportunity
We are a well established business but one that continues to grow and innovate. For instance, over the past 4 months we have built, launched & succeeded with a direct to consumer houseplant website. This opportunity is effectively working as a “right hand” to the MD and Operations Director to help us deliver some exciting opportunities that we’ve identified to go after over the coming couple of years. We need some help delivering a set of transformation projects that will enable us to realise these opportunities. If you are proactive, hands-on, enthusiastic and looking for your next challenge then read on…
The projects that we have on our list involve ecommerce, process automation, systems design and implementation, data analytics and visualisation, automation, behavioural change and more. We know where we need to get to with these projects but need help with the following:
- Growth strategy – we’ve identified lots of room to grow the business into new areas and also up and down our value chain. We need someone who’s familiar with executing successfully along these lines.
- Programme Management – detailed scoping, planning, status reporting, communication. We have the content knowledge within our team but need someone who is experienced in project management to help us put structure around the projects and make sure that we deliver well and to time.
- Business Analysis – business requirements gathering, process mapping and design, workshopping etc. This will involve working with lots of different departments to capture requirements and design our future state processes.
- Systems Analysis – we have declared war on manual repetitive admin and are passionate about using technology to eliminate these boring tasks so that we can concentrate on the exciting bits, we are already making good use of web based systems and mobile tech as well as our SAP ERP system but there is a lot more that we want to do. So this will involve developing our systems vision/architecture, defining systems requirements, working closely with our systems and data team to build and implement these new systems or integrations, testing and rolling out into production.
Double H Nurseries’ purpose is to make people happy with our quality houseplants. We are one of the largest indoor houseplant growers in the UK, growing Orchids, Chrysanthemums and Roses to supply major supermarkets with products that bring happiness to thousands of consumers each week. We have 200 employees and are a family business that has been operating for 60 years.
We combine our plant growing expertise with an in-house creative capability to design and develop packaging for great value, fashionable products which we then assembly and dispatch through our fast moving, efficient packing facilities. We have won many business awards, including Investors in People Gold accreditation.
We are based in New Milton, Hampshire which is on a direct train line to London Waterloo or a simple journey down the M3. It’s a great location within a few miles of the south coast beaches and the New Forrest national park. It will be possible to work remotely for some of the time, however we would expect you to be on site in New Milton for 2 to 3 days per week. This could well suit a candidate looking to leave the London region for more space in the country.
- A strong commercial / operational / strategic generalist – can get stuck into most challenges / opportunities.
- Programme management and Business Analysis experience.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Experience of process improvement and design and a willingness to get stuck in with process mapping workshops, process design and implementation.
- A passion for technology and using it to enable business process improvement. This should include experience of using web based technologies, ERP systems, mobile technology.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively, comfortable balancing both daily tasks and higher-level initiatives.
- Positive, can do, attitude.
About our offer
- We envisage a basic salary between £55-75k depending on experience
- We have identified opportunities within this role for the next 18 months so are minded to structure this as an initial 18 month contract. However, we envisage further opportunities will continue to present themselve so this could well be extended / morph into a permanent contract if there’s mutual appetite.
- Enhanced pension scheme, cash back health plan, 24 days holiday.
- A business which is big enough to have serious scale but with strong ambitions for further growth and plenty of opportunity for your impact
Our hiring manager is a member of movemeon like you and receiving applications to the movemeon account. So please click here to apply. We are hoping to decide on interviewees by Thursday 13th August 2020.