Penfold advertised on Movemeon for a Head of New Venture to launch venture for disruptive challenger fintech with founders (Deloitte, Man Group, Funding Circle).
The successful Movemeon member has extensive commercial & tech experience.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
Penfold is the new way of doing Pensions. Managed entirely on mobile, it gives people complete transparency to track everything about their pension in real time. It myth-busts and explains pensions and retirement planning in the most simple way, and it helps you avoid building up lots of small pots every time you change jobs.
Our platform finally delivers a user centric customer experience that helps everyone save for retirement, no matter their working circumstances. We started by launching a simple and flexible pension for the self-employed and now have thousands of active customers and are growing at a phenomenal rate.
We’re working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a significant impact, end enjoy what they do.
We’re a team of 10 growing to 20 in the next few months. As an early employee and senior hire, you’ll have a huge say in defining our culture and what it’s like to work here. You’ll also have uncapped opportunities for progression, learning and exposure to different areas of the business..
About the role
We’re moving beyond the self-employed and launching a workplace pension scheme for businesses of all sizes. We’re hiring someone to take total responsibility for this part of our business. You will:
- Find early potential customers and work to deeply understand their businesses and relevant problems
- Quickly become a pensions & auto-enrolment expert, understanding every angle of the regulatory & legal landscape. Help us see round corners & anticipate roadblocks before they arise.
- Use that insight to work with our product, legal, operations and engineering teams to further scope out and develop the initial workplace pensions product.
- Constantly question & test assumptions to ensure we’re building an innovative & game-changing product and not wasting time or energy on engineering or legal problems we don’t need too. Cut the initial product right to the core; help us build a true MVP.
- Sell to and onboard our first 50 clients yourself. Manually ensure they each have a 10-star experience, whatever it takes.
- Map out, test and scale up multiple acquisition strategies for acquiring thousands of businesses and tens of thousands of customers in this product’s first year.
- Self-starter excited by huge levels of responsibility, autonomy & independence
- People person who loves being client facing, selling, and solving clients’ problems.
- Unafraid to be meaningfully hands on & involved in whatever job needs doing, no matter how daunting or mundane.
- A smart, innovative, independent thinker & problem solver
- Adaptable to different tasks; In a typical day you might go from pitching a potential client, to reviewing a long legal contract, to chairing a product development meeting, to formatting a 2,000 line payroll report.
At Penfold, you’ll get:
- A competitive salary. Reviewed regularly to make sure you’re always getting what you deserve.
- Meaningful pre-Series A share options (you’ll own a part of Penfold and share in our success).
- A massive 10% pension contribution that you don’t need to match (on top of your salary).
- 33 days holiday per year (including 8 bank holidays) and the option to take more.
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- The option to buy a bike tax free, and spread the cost over several months (cycle to work scheme).
- Lots of great little benefits to make working at home or at the office a delight.
- Annual company retreat somewhere great & regular (optional) company socials.
Pre COVID we all worked from a private office at Uncommon Borough, a large co-working space full with all the perks and more plants than a garden centre. We’re on the hunt for a similar new office with fully optional attendance this time. It will be a great space for when you want to come to the office. We’ll buy you the kit you need to be comfortable at home too.
We are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you.
Related Case Studies
Category Manager (Strategy) at Manual
Successful candidate: 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked at L.E.K
US Country Lead at Taptap Send
Successful candidate: ex-Rocket Internet | Senior manager | General management
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney