Wild Cosmetics advertised on Movemeon for a Head of Operations to lead operations of high growth direct to consumer cosmetics startup with sustainable mission.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Boston Consulting Group.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
The Wild team are young, ambitious and looking to disrupt the world of personal care on the back of £500K seed funding round in January this year.
Our mission is to shake up the throwaway culture of everyday bathroom products. Through our wildly sustainable products, we hope to redefine the future of personal care.
We recently launched our refillable deodorant on WeAreWild.com and are growing at over 200% month on month with a 5 star rating on trustpilot.
We are now looking for a dynamic Head of Ops to help us accelerate our growth and build a world class supply chain.
Our founders come from marketing backgrounds and have a detailed understanding of direct to consumer businesses and what makes them scale successfully. This route has been successfully executed by other companies in different consumer niches and geographies e.g, Native (sold for $100m to P&G within 2.5 years) , Harry’s, Dollar Shave Club etc. As the most senior operations hire and with meaningful equity on the table, this is an excellent opportunity to join us early on a high growth journey.
As Head of Operations (being the most senior ops role in the team) we are looking for someone to bring analytical rigour, a strong attention to detail and love for setting-up and improving processes across the organisation to ensure Wild can build a strong and robust business in a highly competitive category. We need this combined with an obsession for creating the best product on the market and ensuring Wild continually delivers on its promise to its customers.
The ideal candidate will either have experience in a management consultancy firm or have been involved in operational roles for similar high growth businesses (or both). They will be someone who loves to solve problems and create order and process where it does not exist…
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own the existing and future product strategy and roadmap. Including current portfolio management, product improvements and end to end ownership of NPD plan.
- Own key supplier relationships and be responsible for ongoing COGs optimisation and reduction.
- Own all customer insights and analysis to help inform product strategy, market sizing and overall business plan.
- Build detailed forecasting tools for inventory and stock to ensure seamless supply chain execution and cash management.
- Assist with wider demand planning and forecasting tools for the business in general.
- Ensure sustainable processes and materials are at the forefront of our supply chain.
- Conduct regular RFPs and ensure you offer up to date insights on all key suppliers and industry trends.
- Build strong supplier relationships but ensure constantly working to drive down costs and run as efficiently as possible.
- Help build and train an effective, smart and data driven team of like-minded individuals.
- Rock solid analytics – excel, financial analysis, modelling etc (the founders spikes are in marketing, so we need someone in this senior role to complement our skill set)
- Likely at least 3 years experience in consultancy or operations (ideally in the cosmetics space)
- A passion for natural products and sustainability
- Ability to deal with significant change and uncertainty
- A team player who is looking for a start-up adventure.
- Highly analytical and a love for detail.
- Existing working rights for the UK
What we can offer:
- Meaningful equity (you are a relatively early and senior joiner)
- A decent basic salary for an early stage start-up: we envisage ~£60k depending on experience
- Rare opportunity to join well funded start-up at the very start of its journey
- Ability to help define the success and future of the business.
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Regular social events
- Vauxhall office (in non-covid times)
Our Founder is a Movemeon member and has hired through Movemeon in previous companies. So please apply through Movemeon and he will receive applications to his account. The deadline is Thursday 14th May 2020, but applications will be considered on an on-going basis. We look forward to hearing from you!