Our client, a PE-backed leading automotive firm in the UK, advertised on Movemeon to hire an independent consultant to re-design their pricing approach and craft scalable strategies for different sectors & territories.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at KPMG and Simon-Kucher & Partners.
This company was supported by Anna, Customer Success Manager.
The original job description
The portfolio company is a leading automotive firm in the UK that was established approx. 10 years ago. The firm has aggressive growth goals for 2022 and the overarching objective of this project is to re-design their pricing approach and craft scalable strategies for different sectors & territories.
- Project Length: 3 months
- Location: Remote
- Day Rate: £500-750 per day
- Pricing & Data Review: Assess existing pricing capabilities, identify areas of improvement and in turn, provide recommendations and priorities based on associated financial returns, method and ease of capture
- Understand the current data structure and where/how the data is stored; from here, prepare a working model for 12 months
- Pricing Model Design & Product Packaging: Following Pricing Review, define methodology that captures value and improves revenue by considering elements of, identify 5 -10 pricing tests to run based upon above analysis and 12-month model created – price elasticity for service price for both geography and make/model of car and determine how to measure success of each test
- Price Change Implementation: Deliver on the previous two bullet points, implementing a robust plan to ensure a successful implementation; this will include determining the best approach for sharing results and output, propose and deliver/execute high level pricing model based on the findings and identify further pricing tests that can be done
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years’ experience in pricing and MUST have demonstrable experience of designing, creating and implementing pricing strategies
- Experience from top-tier strategy management consultancy firm is ideal
- Highly analytical and strongly numerate with demonstrable/hands-on pricing experience in the three activities listed above
- Sector agnostic but preference for experience across the automotive sector
- Skilled communicator and influencer; has the ability to listen, collaborate and partner with key internal and external stakeholders
Related Case Studies
HIRED - SENIOR INNOVATION OPERATIONS MANAGER
Objective: Re-define the restaurant experience of the future, delivering against global strategic objectives.
Freelance PMO Lead at PE-backed CPG business
Successful candidate: ex-BCG | Freelance PMO Lead | Transformation
Chief of Staff at leading PE-backed e-commerce scaleup
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Chief of Staff | Strategy