OneLeap hired an Innovation Consultant. This role was viewed by 158 Movemeon members and received 14 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at Capco.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
OneLeap helps the world’s leading companies and their leaders grow by being more entrepreneurial and innovative. Uniquely, we do this by working alongside our global community of serial entrepreneurs. We work with C-level clients at FTSE 100 and Fortune 100 companies and blue-chips in the UK, Asia and the US. We help our clients create new strategies and engines to innovate more entrepreneurially, develop the skills of a client’s leaders to deploy that strategy, and inspire new ventures through provocative insights taken straight from the world’s startup hubs – from Silicon Valley to Ghangzhou.
This role would suit a junior consultant looking to move into the innovation area and/or looking to use new skills. You will have 1-2 years professional experience, 1 year general strategy/management consulting experience. You will bring your personality to work, but be a low-ego player driven by creating great outcomes together. You’ll enjoy combining creative thinking with analytical rigor. It is unlikely this role will suit an IT or operations consultant.
- Perform research and analysis on innovation strategy engagements with our predominantly FTSE100 and Fortune100 clients
- Help Lead strategists produce reports, decks, stories and occasionally videos and activities to communicate our advice to our clients
- Apply rigorous problem-solving techniques, but combine these with our experimental, hands-on processes
- Help to develop our unique internal thought leadership
The role is central London-based with some travel – generally less than most traditional consulting firms. The role offers a high performing, entrepreneurial work environment with flexibility, significantly-above average annual leave.
You’ll need to be….
- Rigorous and detail-oriented: You have a first-rate mind. You deliver polished, first-rate results. You understand why structure is vital, and you apply the same demanding standard to creative impact.
- A rapid, succinct, grammatically perfect writer.
- Low-ego: we don’t have time for status anxiety. Everyone’s ideas are valued, and a low-ego approach keeps it that way. We value quiet confidence and an always-learning orientation.
- Open-minded: You will bring the best of your early consulting experience and combine it with new approaches that ensure our work remains unique. You’ll understand our clients look for results first, so you’ll be happy to apply Occam’s razor and identify hacks.
- Curious: You are excited about connecting ideas from all fields of knowledge to create compelling new opportunities for our clients. You get excited by adapting a new business model that borrows from Spotify to fix fintech and thinking how it could rewire a FTSE100.
- Happy to roll up your sleeves: You’ll be up for going out onto the street to validate your hypotheses with strangers. And in a growing company, you’ll be happy to take your turn in helping fix the printer drivers.
- 1-2 years consulting experience at a tier 1 or tier 2 management consulting firm, an innovation division of one of those firms or the strategy consulting division of a Big 4
- Strong soft skills
- Strong degree from a globally top-ranked university
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and visual. Perfect English.
- An achievement based on a passion that marks you out as different
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
Related Case Studies
LEK hired a Due Diligence Freelancer (4 weeks)
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: Global strategy consulting firm.
Manifesto Growth Architects hired a Consultant (Growth Strategy)
Successful candidate: ex-PWC. Company: FT voted leading UK consultancy.
Oxbow Partners hired a senior consultant
Successful candidate: ex-Bain. Company: fast-growing strategy consultancy.